Selling vintage RC models

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
Halgar
Administrator

Re: Selling vintage RC models

Post by Halgar » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Sixtys Guy wrote:I got $195Aud (about $140Usd) for it. I paid just under that, so I was happy with it. I've seen some similar to mine go for over $220Aud, some in the low $100's.
Betcha I made more than you did! :twisted: :lol: I found mine at a garage sale in the bottom of a box of RC gear, mostly garbage Nikko/New Brite stuff, but I still paid $25 for it because of what I saw draped across the top of the box, a complete, unadulterated, rolling Hilux chassis. It had a broken steering knuckle, no body, and no controller. I didn't care what else was in the box, you DO NOT find a collectors item like a Hilux, in near mint shape, for $25!! :shock: And you snap it up when you do! :twisted: The only damage was the broken knuckle and a bent rear bumper, everything else was in perfect shape, even the tires still had the little fuzzy molding chaff on them. Went back to the garage sale the next day to see if they'd found the body, as they were selling stuff as it got pulled out of the garage. The body was gone for good, but they did find the controller, which he just gave to me.

I recently sold the Hilux for $350 and the Fox for $40. I hated to part with the Hilux, but I knew I'd never be able to run it and enjoy it, and I'm not the shelf queen kind of guy.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:40 pm

What a find! Nope, I didn't make any money at all! Sometimes I just put it down to experience!

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:25 am

UGH, was that on the one I asked you about many months ago?

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:32 am

Diamond Dave wrote:UGH, was that on the one I asked you about many months ago?
Question to Halgar?

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:49 pm

Sixtys Guy wrote:
Diamond Dave wrote:UGH, was that on the one I asked you about many months ago?
Question to Halgar?
Yeah, I was confused on that one myself! :lol:

I suspect that it was directed at me, and yes, it is the one we talked about a while back.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:46 pm

Yes Halgar, sorry guys I should have been clearer on what I meant.

I am glad you got some good money for it. Would be nice to have one.

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:57 am

No one probably cares, but I had to laugh when I saw this ad. If you read my first post in this thread I had a guy link my Ebay ad for my Tamiya Fox to a Vintage Tamiya FB group, and bagging the ad because I used the word 'vintage' and 'insinuated that it was original', even though I never used the word 'original' and my ad clearly said that the rear wheels and the top chassis cover were off a rere.

Well, this ad is from that exact same guy. Unless I can't read or comprehend properly, he has done exactly what I did - listed a Fox as vintage and then said what was not original on it. When I did it, i was called out as being "dishonest, deceitful and untrustworthy".

FOX AD

"Tamiya fox vintage
$360.00
Nova tub
Willing to post"

I'm probably being a little childish but I can't help but feel somehow vindicated in thinking that this guy was a troll.