What next inspiration needed!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
DirtyChevy45

Re: What next inspiration needed!

Post by DirtyChevy45 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:11 pm

i'm very thankful i was able to get ahold Of John to build my tuber that ive wanted for many many years. i'm looking forward to getting it together. those others you have listed look very nice but nothing beats a boyer in my book! lol maybe its because i have one now haha.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Anyone know where I can find blue print so to speak of an old school monster truck chassis like on Frankenstein? Most photos have wheels/ tires attached so cant see much of the chassis design itself :x

Am seriously considering doing a box section (if that is correct word?) aluminum chassis like on Frankenstein and stick full TXT-2 transmission in it.
Attachments
Frankenstein.jpg
Frankenstein.jpg (132.69 KiB) Viewed 394 times
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:05 pm

I always thought on of the RC4wd leaf sprung scaler kits would make a great old school MT. maybe have a look at that site and see if anything might be suitable?

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:41 am

Sixtys Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:05 pm
I always thought on of the RC4wd leaf sprung scaler kits would make a great old school MT. maybe have a look at that site and see if anything might be suitable?
Mark helpful as always I did not realize RC4WD sold the chassis plates separately problem solved! Am thinking maybe Gelande II chassis rails as the Gelande does not have leaf springs which is handy for me as I would prefer not to use leaf springs.

Ok I have a big decision to make tube chassis (MattZilla) or DIY Gelande chassis. Gelande chassis will involve a lot of blood sweat and tears!
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 am

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:41 am
Ok I have a big decision to make tube chassis (MattZilla) or DIY Gelande chassis. Gelande chassis will involve a lot of blood sweat and tears!
Easy, get the Gelande chassis! I know you like a challenge Alex! :popcorn:

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Sixtys Guy wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 am
GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:41 am
Easy, get the Gelande chassis! I know you like a challenge Alex! :popcorn:
Ok... looks like Gelande build it is then don't get me wrong I like Monster Jam trucks its just retro trucks is where my heart is. Before I go spending 60 dollars (rc4wd without postage or customs fee) or 93 dollars (ebay uk p&p included) for two chassis plates !!! any other makes that sell ladder style chassis plates separately ???
Alex

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks Mark SCX10 is worth considering only issue is the wheelbase is around 12 inches gelande is 10.8 which is ideal for Blackfoot body I would like to use.

Those really cheap knock off SCX10 plates are tempting though I notice OE Axial plates are as expensive as RC4WD items. Another bonus with Axial is the body mounts are built into the shock mounts. So many choices! :?
Alex

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:50 pm

https://www.banggood.com/Tian-Chuang-Li ... mds=search

That one looks good for the money. Has 10.8" wheelbase.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Wow that Tian Chuang Li looks clean design and great price includes shock mounts as well ok... either I will order this or get RC4WD plates off dollarhobbyz 24 dollars is awesome price you always sniff out great deals Mark 8) thanks buddy :)
Alex

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 pm

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:00 pm
Wow that Tian Chuang Li looks clean design and great price includes shock mounts as well ok... either I will order this or get RC4WD plates off dollarhobbyz 24 dollars is awesome price you always sniff out great deals Mark 8) thanks buddy :)
:thumbsup:

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 pm

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:37 pm
Ok... looks like Gelande build it is then don't get me wrong I like Monster Jam trucks its just retro trucks is where my heart is. Before I go spending 60 dollars (rc4wd without postage or customs fee) or 93 dollars (ebay uk p&p included) for two chassis plates !!! any other makes that sell ladder style chassis plates separately ???
Why not find a local specialty metals shop and simply buy the raw stock to build the chassis yourself, rather than buying someone else's side plates at great expense? Don't have a specialty metals shop, then look for a machine shop that can order the stock for you. Even paying a local premium special order should be significantly cheaper than customs and shipping fees. 8) Even if you can't find a local to you supplier, there's got to be at least one specialty metals dealer in all of the UK, while you'd have a little shipping, you certainly wouldn't have customs charges or insane fleabay shipping charges.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Halgar wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 pm
GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:37 pm
Why not find a local specialty metals shop and simply buy the raw stock to build the chassis yourself, rather than buying someone else's side plates at great expense? Don't have a specialty metals shop, then look for a machine shop that can order the stock for you. Even paying a local premium special order should be significantly cheaper than customs and shipping fees. 8) Even if you can't find a local to you supplier, there's got to be at least one specialty metals dealer in all of the UK, while you'd have a little shipping, you certainly wouldn't have customs charges or insane fleabay shipping charges.
Yes I have considered this as well so many different routes I could take. Mind boggling!
Alex

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:41 pm

In the end I ordered Gelande II chassis plates off dollarhobbyz for 22 dollars plus 11 dollars postage. Ordered four days ago but they haven't posted yet sent them a message but no reply?

Anyone have dealings with dollarhobbyz are they ok?
Alex