What next inspiration needed!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
SFC K
Administrator

Re: What next inspiration needed!

Post by SFC K » Wed May 11, 2016 10:00 pm

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
SFC K wrote:Well, You could try a E-REVO Trans. It has a lower profile. A ton of options out there. WK trans like you said would a be a good fit as well.
Am thinking Wheely King transmission is the way to go as it looks like Mad Force chassis plates are tall enough to accept WK trans.
:popcorn:
Jeff

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu May 12, 2016 1:44 am

Hey Alex. The length of the chassis plates is 325mm and the height in the middle of the chassis is 75mm. The outer extremties of the mounting holes for the WK tranny is 65mm. It fits! TXT-1 tranny won't....

Check the Dollar Hobbyz website for cheap WK gear. Level 3RC make a bottom motor mount and Thaitown (ebay) make a side motor mount to lower the centre of gravity. You can also replace a couple of the tranny gears with steel mod1 spur gears to strengthen the tranny (see my Three Kings thread), although you may not want to do that.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Thank you guys especially Mark you have given me the inspiration needed to create another one off truck build! Kyosho Mad Force chassis plates and full Wheely King transmission will be mated!

This will create a much smaller beast than Gauntlet. This will be a scale monster truck build think Frankenstein the 1:1 truck that inspired the Midnight Pumpkin.

Have literally just ordered full Mad Force chassis for 34.82 dollars posted. You just cant go wrong for that price! Includes wheely bar and body mount posts the lot.

Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming build thread CLAWING DEAD :P
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Ebay seller has already posted chassis 8) just a quick question bearing in mind I have never owned a Wheely King only set of chassis plates lol.

Am I correct in thinking WK gearbox mounting points are in these three positions? (marked with red circles)
Attachments
gearbox 001 (Small).JPG
gearbox 001 (Small).JPG (98.68 KiB) Viewed 839 times
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Thu May 12, 2016 9:27 pm

Yes Alex. I will take a pic of the MF chassis on the WK chassis do you can get an idea. They are almost the same size!

Are you going to use WK axles?

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Great to hear they are similar size Mark. Yes I will be using full WK transmission more than likely I will buy a new WK run it and then pull it apart and install parts I need into MF plates. Some good deals in the UK for WK's might work out cheaper than buying parts separately.

Chassis will probably arrive tomorrow (Saturday) I am working 9 till 6 both Saturday and Sunday I will do my best to put photos and update on here! :popcorn:
Alex

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Fri May 13, 2016 10:09 pm

Nice one Alex. Bargain deal on the chassis, especially with all the accessories.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Thanks Mark sadly the MF chassis plates don't fit WK trans the bottom and upper mounting points are too close to the inner edge of the metal if you get my meaning. And the middle mounting point is entirely missed by the plate altogether. (As you can see by red circles)

Back to the drawing board I am afraid :(
Attachments
mf 001 (Small).JPG
mf 001 (Small).JPG (50.93 KiB) Viewed 816 times
mf 002 (Small).JPG
mf 002 (Small).JPG (45.05 KiB) Viewed 816 times
mf 003 (Small).JPG
mf 003 (Small).JPG (74.67 KiB) Viewed 816 times
Alex

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Mon May 16, 2016 7:39 am

Alex, flip the plates so the Wheely bar is on the 'front' of the chassis. That should get you sme more strength for the mounting point. Forget the middle mount. This is only really used for the WK steering pivot. 4 screws will be enough, that's all the TXT has.

You can do it!

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:03 pm

Gotcha Mark. Flipping the plates has solved the issue! Plus it looks better with the thicker end of the chassis being at the rear.

So I can deffo get away with just having bottom and upper most gearbox mounting points?
Attachments
gearbox 001 (Small) (2).JPG
gearbox 001 (Small) (2).JPG (98.21 KiB) Viewed 792 times
Alex

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Tue May 17, 2016 5:46 am

I reckon...... The two middle holes do take screws on the WK, but I'm sure the primary function is to be pivot points for the steering links. I can't see the tranny twisting.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:39 am

Agreed four mounting points should be more than enough. Am working long hours at the minute so give me a bit of time to get started guys.

Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming Clawing Dead build thread! :popcorn:
Alex

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Tue May 17, 2016 11:59 am

Haha love the name!

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Time to revive this thread :) I have got a spare set of TXT-2 axles and gearbox what should I install them in? Recently bought myself a New Era Juggernaut tube chassis to stick TXT-2 transmission in but was disappointed with the chassis. Upper gearbox mount holes were crazy tight and chassis was not straight or true would have had to mount shocks in different locations front and back to get it to work would look rubbish :shock:

Don't get me wrong chassis is hand made so I don't expect perfection but was miles out. I really want a tube chassis to stick TXT-2 transmission in any suggestions?

Have considered getting a CPE Time Warp chassis and sticking TXT trans in that what do you think?

Have put pre order in for Grizzly RC IronHorse tube chassis which I will be sticking Clod axles in but what to do with TXT-2 trans???
Attachments
New Era Juggernaut 003 (Small).JPG
New Era Juggernaut 003 (Small).JPG (106.03 KiB) Viewed 183 times
001 (Small).JPG
001 (Small).JPG (113.67 KiB) Viewed 183 times
Alex

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Shaft-drive clod chassis? :idea: