What next inspiration needed!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
GRAVETXT-1

What next inspiration needed!

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Ok guys am feeling the itch again to build another truck sadly Ernie is out of stock of KK-1's (I was going to stick full txt-2 trans into KK-1 chassis plates) as this has never been done before.

So I contacted AM Hobbies to get hold of Razorback chassis plates (again to stick full txt-2 trans in which hasn't been done before) paid for the order but then sadly postage was 96 dollars so they refunded me so back to square one again not having much luck.

Any suggestions what I should build next? Preferably I want to build a truck with txt-2 trans in it.
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

darat76
Approved Member

Re: What next inspiration needed!

Post by darat76 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:59 pm

crazy off the wall idea.

txt2 box, axial running gear, traxxas wheels, and custom chassis.... :shock:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:16 pm

That is a good question. I do like the idea od building a custom chassis as mentioned above.
Jeff

Sixtys Guy
Approved Member

Post by Sixtys Guy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Hey Alex, just a thought on the $96 postage....... is that with the chassis assembled? It's most likely different, but our local post charge by the cubic weight if the package is over 500 grams. So it works out to be much cheaper if the item is 'flat packed'. Might not be relevant, but $96 seems like a lot!

darat76
Approved Member

Post by darat76 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:00 am

the shipping option would most likely be first class overnight sort of thing, so if he did buy it, it would likely be in UK customs in 24 to 48 hrs after purchase, as opposed to standard shipping which from the US is generally the 30 to 50 usd range

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:48 pm

Sixtys Guy wrote:Hey Alex, just a thought on the $96 postage....... is that with the chassis assembled? It's most likely different, but our local post charge by the cubic weight if the package is over 500 grams. So it works out to be much cheaper if the item is 'flat packed'. Might not be relevant, but $96 seems like a lot!
You are right Mark 96 dollars is crazy it was just the chassis plates so I ASSUME it was flat packed. AM Hobbies said the issue is that the plates are 19 inches long which makes postage crazy expensive as over a certain length the postage price goes crazy. I think (?) with US postage size plays more of a part than weight.

Being honest I was annoyed at AM Hobbies instantly refunding me and not looking into other options surely there must be a way. Like darat76 says 30 to 50 dollars must be doable.

CPE managed to post Barbarian chassis plates to me for around 30 dollars if my memory serves me correct! I need to contact AM Hobbies again what postal service should I recommend to him?
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:09 pm

I noticed clodtalk member fullmetalgrave posted a few weeks back on rctech (I googled) he had a KK-1 chassis for sale so I have sent him a PM.

Fingers crossed :popcorn:
Alex

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:30 am

I believe that sold. As it was listed very cheap. Good luck though if it is still around
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

stangnomore
Approved Member

Post by stangnomore » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:03 pm

I did a 20" x 8" x 12" box weighing 4lbs.

Priority International Shipping is $61.25
Max. length 60", max. length plus girth combined 108"

Don't know what to tell you.
I am ZRP Racing!

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:16 pm

stangnomore wrote:I did a 20" x 8" x 12" box weighing 4lbs.

Priority International Shipping is $61.25
Max. length 60", max. length plus girth combined 108"

Don't know what to tell you.
Hmmm. Am going to get in touch with AM Hobbies again there has to be a way they just need to try harder! Its nuts to turn down a sale especially when I will be doing a build thread on tamiyaclub as well I bet most tamiyaclub members will never of heard of AM Hobbies.
Alex

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:10 pm

1Badclod85 wrote:I believe that sold. As it was listed very cheap. Good luck though if it is still around
Fullmetalgrave hasn't logged in recently so hasn't replied to my PM yet anyone have his contact details? Its a long shot but still worth trying.

Got nowhere with AM Hobbies unfortunately.

Back to square one again :shock:

Have given up on Frank I doubt Gauntlet paintjob will ever get started let alone finished same deal as before he just will not reply to emails.

Will Alex pull through this RC crisis! what will be the outcome! ???
Alex

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Man that's a bummer! Have you considered the kk2 chassis?

Last I talked to fullmetal is when I bought his scx10 mud truck. Might try a pm on rcmt?
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:45 pm

Thanks Justin I will send him a PM on rcmt I did not realize he is a member on there as well.

The trouble with the KK-2 is that its set up to take txt-2 trans so there is no challenge for me I like building one off unique trucks if that makes sense. Ernie is out of stock of KK-2's anyway.
Alex

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Have you considered building a monster truck out of the Tamiya CR-01?

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Instead of building some mechanical marvel, like most people do, why not go with a scale trail rig?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.