Pitdawg hydro

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
GRAVETXT-1

Pitdawg hydro

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:33 pm

As you guys know my epic quest to get a custom paintjob for my Gauntlet truck started on 20th January. After contacting three "rattle can" painters one said he doesn't do monster truck bodies anymore (difference?) I settled on a guy called Frank off polepositionrc.com

I contacted each painter one at a time so as you can imagine this took quite some time!

Also I contacted an airbrush artist she quoted me 666 pounds so I turned her down.

Astoundingly for a rc painter Frank appeared to have the ability to reply to emails (although very slowly of course) after a painful process he agreed to the design and I ordered the body and had it posted directly to him.

Frank received the body 5th February (tracking shows this) but since then no contact and wont reply to emails. Cut a long story short I have had several bad experiences with rc painters since 2008 not replying is never a good sign we are all busy people but I find this practice rude and plain ignorant. Where do you guys stand on this?

So... yesterday I contacted Pitdawg hydro maybe hydro dipping process will be my salvation? Being a full time occupation hopefully he will be a better experience? Will update!
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

GRAVETXT-1

Re: Pitdawg hydro

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:58 pm

So you guys know no BS is involved here is the quote for 666 pounds (959.44 dollars) she is the top air brush artist in the UK so wasn't expecting it to be cheap.

Usually I like to keep my designs secret until completion but here you go!

Will Pitdawg hydro save the day?!
Attachments
l.png
l.png (139.04 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

percymon
Approved Member

Post by percymon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:16 pm

What about rcsgraphicworx ?

Their website now seems to direct all links to rcidentity.com, but i do recognise some of the shells on that site as previous
RCSGW work, so maybe they just rebranding ?

Worth a try

they did a great job on both my RC10 shell (the lettering is decals, but i caould have had it all in paint) shell..

The RC10 shell cost £33 for the painting, £2 to cut it (optional) and £9 recorded delivery back to me - given i'd need at least 4 colours of spray can to even attempt that myself its not a bad price.

They (Jon) also did a Durango shell for me, I chose a scheme he'd already done, so all his work..

I was pretty pleased my own rattle can efforts on another Durnago shell, but in fairness Jon's work is in another league..

percymon
Approved Member

Post by percymon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:32 pm

a google image search for rcsgraphicworx will throw up a heap of shells that have been done, including some really good stuffwith skulls, brickwork, sheet metal, etc etc

or have a look through this thread over on rctech which JonMills kept adding to for a while... http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-de ... rx-28.html

and a couple of examples..

not sure this email is still relevant but try ..

jon@rcsgraphicworx.co.uk

Klausen over on TamiyaClub also used DarksideDesigns for his CPE Clod shell - https://darksidedesigns.smugmug.com/Cus ... ter-Truck/

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Funnily enough Jon did Grim Reaper and Valhalla for me (both hard bodies) he did a good job on GR but sadly melted the body so he had to re do it. This required purchasing another hard body not cheap.

Valhalla was below average paintjob looked ok from a distance took weeks and weeks of messaging and waiting three to four days for a reply and twisting his arm to do it. Waited literally months for him to do it (he forgot he had the Bull Head body or that he needed to do paintjob) and then rushed the paintjob.

In Jon's defence his strength was in painting lexan which as we all know is totally different from a hard body different skill set all together. No one can or would deny his quality work with lexan.

The trouble is getting him to commit to anything or reply I spent weeks emailing him about Ford Of The Dead lexan paintjob I gave up in the end.

He said he was quitting painting bodys and moving to another industry which I cant remember the name of now?
Alex

percymon
Approved Member

Post by percymon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:05 pm

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:Funnily enough Jon did Grim Reaper and Valhalla for me (both hard bodies) he did a good job on GR but sadly melted the body so he had to re do it. This required purchasing another hard body not cheap.

Valhalla was below average paintjob looked ok from a distance took weeks and weeks of messaging and waiting three to four days for a reply and twisting his arm to do it. Waited literally months for him to do it (he forgot he had the Bull Head body or that he needed to do paintjob) and then rushed the paintjob.

In Jon's defence his strength was in painting lexan which as we all know is totally different from a hard body different skill set all together. No one can or would deny his quality work with lexan.

The trouble is getting him to commit to anything or reply I spent weeks emailing him about Ford Of The Dead lexan paintjob I gave up in the end.

He said he was quitting painting bodys and moving to another industry which I cant remember the name of now?
I think his success was is downfall in some respects, too much business and not enough time to do the painting and the admin.

I've no idea whether he has any part in RCIdentity.

Hardbosies are indeed a different kettle of fish, you're probably right to look at airbrush artists rather than rc specific painters in that scenario.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Funnily enough darkside designs was the guy I contacted and he said he doesn't do monster truck body's anymore even though only a few weeks previous he was painting monster truck body's???

Pitdawg hydro [-o< [-o< [-o<
Alex

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Things are looking up! Frank (pole position rc) sent me an email with apologies saying he has been busy and will send me sketches of my design this evening.

Pit dawg hydro responded once haven't heard from him since. No matter we have progress!

Will update!
Alex

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Wow, sorry to hear you have been getting the run around. Did you ever get a hold of Mike?
Jeff

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:27 pm

SFC K wrote:Wow, sorry to hear you have been getting the run around. Did you ever get a hold of Mike?
Yes I contacted Mike he was one of the three that I emailed I didn't get a reply. Hopefully should be ok now as Frank has replied. Am surprised at Pitdawg hydro you would think he would be on the ball being a full time business maybe I should say I am DJ Medic (RC Sparks off you tube) he would be keen then!

Plus I would get $1000 worth of free hydro formed bodies too. Ha ha!
Alex

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:45 am

Here is the sketch he sent me he has made from the design I emailed him. Plus some of the images I sent him to help him visualize design.

The dead warrior will be on the top of the rear bed and the rat on the hood. Smaller stones on the side of the body to simulate the walls of the dungeon and larger stones on the hood/ roof/ rear bed to simulate the floor of the dungeon.

So looking down on the body will look like looking down into the dungeon. Make sense?!
Attachments
IMAG2297 (Small).jpg
IMAG2297 (Small).jpg (52.01 KiB) Viewed 933 times
mkhKxiyV.jpg
mkhKxiyV.jpg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 933 times
main2_590.jpg
main2_590.jpg (120.3 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Floorplant-DungeonRoom-DungeonCell.jpg
Floorplant-DungeonRoom-DungeonCell.jpg (79.66 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Azada_evil_rat_by_okha-d4gs300.jpg
Azada_evil_rat_by_okha-d4gs300.jpg (88.7 KiB) Viewed 933 times
0dd898e0ccb46d2e43699025688e2572.jpg
0dd898e0ccb46d2e43699025688e2572.jpg (9.97 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Alex

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Starting to loose confidence again in Frank he has had the body over four weeks now and simply wont reply to messages. We are all busy people I don't expect him to drop everything and do the paintjob. However... I do expect an explanation of what is going on.

Only replied previously because I called him out on the forum on Tamiya club.

This could go on another four weeks...
Alex

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:47 pm

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) might try Pitdawg hydro again and offer him my liver. This time I will email him a very simple design maybe that will help.

Who knows???
Alex

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Alex, have you ever thought about custom wraps? Have a good friend on Facebook that does custom vinyl wraps for 100-125. That might be a better option for you since painters are hard to find anymore.
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

DarkSammy
Approved Member

Post by DarkSammy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:07 am

Does that guy wrap the body for you Justin? I only ask as I know I would completely stuff it up and end up with something with a heap of wrinkles...
TTR Centurion LTD, TTR Tremor, TTR Ripper Pro, Gorillamaxx G4, Gorillamaxx G1, Centralemaxx Ph@ntom, DUH Engineering Titan.