This sucks....

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

This sucks....

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Might be having to sell all my rc's even the txt I just got :( working on my truck that I haven't even had a year putting brakes on the back to start who ever inspected this truck when I bought it should be SHOT... the rear brakes on the passenger side haven't worked since before I got it... I've only put 8000 miles on it MAYBE and everything just fell apart... the emergency brakes have never worked.. I'll post pics later... I'm reporting the station number and pics to the DOT when I'm done fixing everything... if I can't come up with the money somehow I will have to sell everything, just a heads up for some smoking deals...

thanks for listening to me vent :(
Wait what?

Kingclod27
Approved Member

Re: This sucks....

Post by Kingclod27 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Dang that sucks...I just had my truck inspected and I need sum work done before it passes..I would definitely report them if they "missed" that.. sucks that u might have to sell the RCs too..hopefully u dont have too.
The Original Monster Truck

SPEED.......I..AM..SPEED

http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:01 pm

Yeah sadly it's not something the even missed they just drove my truck in and on the way by put the sticker on... this is no joke these brakes on the back havn't worked in a couple years... NOT even kidding... thats why my front brakes kept heating up... they were doing ALL the work :( and when I would break the truck would bow HARD... not supposed to do that...

BUT good news... as it looks right now I don't have to sell my rc's .... My dad GOD i love that man... worked around needing the new backer plates (95 bucks each) and some other things he was able to save! ;)

The back is completely done! all I have to do is replace a 3foot section of break line that the morons at the garage DIDNt that was leaking... tomorrow the front gets done! oh and diff oil that stuff is gold lol 12 bucks a quart... full syn tho so meh worth it don't wanna take the rear diff apart agian
Wait what?

Justinswraps
Business Member

Post by Justinswraps » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:30 pm

WOW thats dumb! Im glad we dont have inspections here. More than half the cars in OHIO would not pass :lol: Its good you dont have to sell your rc's, Ive had to do it before but then again its nothing new for me to get rid of things after a week :lol:
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 am

If you even make it that long.......... :roll: ........... :lol:

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:18 am

Rcmaniac78 wrote: all I have to do is replace a 3foot section of break line

AAhhhh! Horrible flashbacks of brakeline repair lol. If you are gonna replace a section you may as well do the whole thing. I used to have a 97 s-10 blazer and had to replace the line from under the driver seat back and it was a PAIN! It didnt help that the ground was half frozen at the time either.
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:52 am

The 3 foot section in question is probably the one section they didn't already replace.
He has had HORRIBLE luck with the garage he had fix his brake lines. He will most likely never go there again.
.....Ironically, I have had great luck there so far.... :roll:

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:45 am

Sypher wrote: It didnt help that the ground was half frozen at the time either.
Oh you big pansy! Why, when I was your age I used to have to ... :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Took my truck in for the ABS fault lights a few weeks ago and they tell me the brake computer module is going out. Good news is, when it faults, it reverts to analog braking, meaning still have full functioning brakes, just no ABS. I can live with that, learned to drive in vehicles without it so I know how to drive a vehicle that can't drive itself. The problem is, to replace the module I'm told is somewhere around $2000 just for the module, I'd guess a couple hundred in labor on top of that. I'm going to check with a buddy of mine that buys auction salvage vehicles to fix up to see if he can get a module a little more reasonably priced.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 pm

That garage sucks... my first truck I took there went in for a steering box.. came out with tranny problems, about a month later I put a cooler on the truck for the tranny was under it and SOMEONE had crimped the tranny lines... so yeah you could say I don't trust them... this time they didn't run the break lines in the right spot the dude took a short cut.. shotty work.. dad was under the truck helping me with the rear diff yesterday and said if he had know they were going to do it that way he would of done them himself... soo yeah that garage will never see me again... 9 hours of labor and all the dealers I called for parts since then all said that's twice as long as it should of taken...

But on a good note the rear is done BUT that little break line and it's alllll brand new! woot!

there are 2 lines left to do which will be done when I have the money, the center one on the axle and the passanger short one, btw dealer price for that littttttle break like is 60 bucks lol
Wait what?

cher9498
Approved Member

Post by cher9498 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:15 am

9hrs labor really?!!! :evil: should not have taken more than 3.5 to replace every line on the truck. i wouldn't pay the bill ! that is bull. if i ever saw a hack job like you described i would flip on them. if they did not bend them right it took less than 20 minutes to throw a line on it from front to rear. i am a ase certified mechanic and have a pa inspection license. it really makes me mad when places do this to people. they don't get they will get more work by being honest then people will trust you when you say it needs something.here in pa you could take them to small claims court over it and either get it fixed right or the labor knocked of the bill.
duct tape is like the force it has a light side and a darkside and binds the universe together
(from a scientist on the history channel)

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:10 am

Halgar wrote:
Sypher wrote: It didnt help that the ground was half frozen at the time either.
Oh you big pansy! Why, when I was your age I used to have to ... :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Took my truck in for the ABS fault lights a few weeks ago and they tell me the brake computer module is going out. Good news is, when it faults, it reverts to analog braking, meaning still have full functioning brakes, just no ABS. I can live with that, learned to drive in vehicles without it so I know how to drive a vehicle that can't drive itself. The problem is, to replace the module I'm told is somewhere around $2000 just for the module, I'd guess a couple hundred in labor on top of that. I'm going to check with a buddy of mine that buys auction salvage vehicles to fix up to see if he can get a module a little more reasonably priced.

What kind of vehicle is this for? My guess is it is the ABS sensor at the wheel which is easy to replace and cheap. I have never heard the module being replaced before.

Rcmaniac78 wrote:That garage sucks... my first truck I took there went in for a steering box.. came out with tranny problems, about a month later I put a cooler on the truck for the tranny was under it and SOMEONE had crimped the tranny lines... so yeah you could say I don't trust them... this time they didn't run the break lines in the right spot the dude took a short cut.. shotty work.. dad was under the truck helping me with the rear diff yesterday and said if he had know they were going to do it that way he would of done them himself... soo yeah that garage will never see me again... 9 hours of labor and all the dealers I called for parts since then all said that's twice as long as it should of taken...

But on a good note the rear is done BUT that little break line and it's alllll brand new! woot!

there are 2 lines left to do which will be done when I have the money, the center one on the axle and the passanger short one, btw dealer price for that littttttle break like is 60 bucks lol

Glad it's working out so you don't have to sell your RC's. Is this work for a Chevy? You need to look on Rockauto.com. They have super great prices on car and truck parts and do the work yourself or get Andy to help you out. I don't go to the dealer or local shop for work. Do it myself and save bundles. You can't trust them at all. Only work I will have done at the shop is for trannsmission work...
Jeff

cher9498
Approved Member

Post by cher9498 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 am

sfc they are both chevy's i have seen the abs control box go bad on many gm's my 98 s10 being one of them lol.
duct tape is like the force it has a light side and a darkside and binds the universe together

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:22 am

Is this work for a Chevy?
.......... :mrgreen: ......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had something else typed up.........but I'll be nice to Chris.......this time! :P

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:26 am

cher9498 wrote:sfc they are both chevy's i have seen the abs control box go bad on many gm's my 98 s10 being one of them lol.

I hear you, but on my Chevy I had the same issue, but it was the sensor at the wheel. Come to find out after talking to a few parts shops at the dealers this is common with chevy's as well because of where they route the wire harnesses and conncetor's.
Jeff

cher9498
Approved Member

Post by cher9498 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:37 am

SFC K wrote:
cher9498 wrote:sfc they are both chevy's i have seen the abs control box go bad on many gm's my 98 s10 being one of them lol.

I hear you, but on my Chevy I had the same issue, but it was the sensor at the wheel. Come to find out after talking to a few parts shops at the dealers this is common with chevy's as well because of where they route the wire harnesses and conncetor's.
i was just saying like a worst case scenario.it could be a bad sensor or pinched wire shorting out but with mine both times the abs would not register at all not giving any sensor errors.the first one i replaced with a junkyard one and it died 2 weeks later 2nd one i found on craigslist new and has been fine since.