This sucks....

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
SFC K
Administrator

Re: This sucks....

Post by SFC K » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:56 am

cher9498 wrote:
SFC K wrote:
cher9498 wrote:sfc they are both chevy's i have seen the abs control box go bad on many gm's my 98 s10 being one of them lol.

I hear you, but on my Chevy I had the same issue, but it was the sensor at the wheel. Come to find out after talking to a few parts shops at the dealers this is common with chevy's as well because of where they route the wire harnesses and conncetor's.
i was just saying like a worst case scenario.it could be a bad sensor or pinched wire shorting out but with mine both times the abs would not register at all not giving any sensor errors.the first one i replaced with a junkyard one and it died 2 weeks later 2nd one i found on craigslist new and has been fine since.
No worries. :wink: It's hard trouble shooting these issues for sure. I just get new parts from RockAuto. I did the junk yard scramble back in the day and always got burned. I just had to replace the powered mirror on my wifes car and and got it from them for less than 30 bucks shipped, new. Check them out next time you need a part and call the dealer for the same part and the price will be a huge difference.
Jeff

Sypher
Approved Member

Post by Sypher » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 am

Halgar wrote:
Sypher wrote: It didnt help that the ground was half frozen at the time either.
Oh you big pansy! Why, when I was your age I used to have to carve my own tires from stone
WOW, you must be pretty old huh? :mrgreen: :lol:
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:22 am

My abs block is fine... it's the fact the moron who owned it before me NEVER took care of the truck...

and andy.. you can't say a DAM thing you own a neon...

This truck is a great truck and with all the brakes fixed it's worth every dime I paid/paying for it...

But I did report the inspection station number to the DOT sent them pics and reported the dealership for getting them inspected there..
Wait what?

Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:46 am

ANY car/truck anything can come bad... or you can get one that lasts a life time.. like in RC's it's luck of the draw...

I loved my yota... Ponitac for what I paid for it.. my pos neon lol (BEAT that thing always asked for more) My for F-150 (miss that truck gotta love a straight 6!) :D and I LOVE this truck... this chevy has the power I've always wanted and the look :)
Wait what?

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:58 am

Squinty hawk-eyed lookin'.......Oh.....hey Chris how ya' doin' ?...... :P

....Halgar put me up to it......honest..... :lol:

Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:08 am

andymac0035 wrote:Squinty hawk-eyed lookin'.......Oh.....hey Chris how ya' doin' ?...... :P

....Halgar put me up to it......honest..... :lol:
I'll deal with him later.... as for YOU...... sigh.... just sigh... lol
Wait what?

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:00 am

First, you guys are a riot! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: And you wonder why I've stuck around all these years. 8)
SFC K wrote:What kind of vehicle is this for? My guess is it is the ABS sensor at the wheel which is easy to replace and cheap. I have never heard the module being replaced before.
'02 GMC 1/2t Sierra. I've had the ABS fault lights intermittently coming on for over a year. I was kind of pissed that my usual mechanic wanted $125 to do an inspection when all I was asking him to do was plug his sniffer into the wiring harness to look for codes. Since that time, on the recommendation of my tranny shop whom I really like and trust, I went to a new shop for the fault lights, general brake inspection, and R/R the E-brakes that are such an utter design flaw that I don't even want to talk about it. In addition I wanted the AC tuned up since it hasn't been as cool as it could be.

$350 later and I'm told that the ABS module is bad, the service brakes are good for another 50K at least (surprising with 90K on the truck ), AC was recharged, and for some reason he didn't change out the E-brake shoes, though he did sell them to me at his cost for me to install. I still haven't figured that one out when I told him to just change them. Still, I liked this guy much more than my other shop that I only went to because my "guy" before that sent my truck to them when he decided to close up shop.

Now all I have to do is find some time to change out the E-brake shoes. Maybe after I reroof the garage, build the new chicken coop, repave the driveway, new fences around the property ... Yeah, any day now I'll be all over it! :lol: :lol:

RCManiac, it does sound like you got boned by the shop with those brake lines. Seriously, what shop is going to bend custom lines when they can call any parts house and order factory lines? Please, :roll: :roll: And the fact that you keep going back to them? You either live in a one horse town with no place else to go or I didn't raise you right, and gall danged it! I didn't raise no fools! :evil: :wink:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Halgar wrote: RCManiac, it does sound like you got boned by the shop with those brake lines. Seriously, what shop is going to bend custom lines when they can call any parts house and order factory lines? Please, :roll: :roll: And the fact that you keep going back to them? You either live in a one horse town with no place else to go or I didn't raise you right, and gall danged it! I didn't raise no fools! :evil: :wink:
I went back to them because it was the closest without any brakes :( and I couldn't afford to tow it someplace also (if that makes sense) but I will never ever ever go back there again...
Wait what?