JAPAN

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
Halgar
Administrator

Re: JAPAN

Post by Halgar » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:10 am

TomT wrote:Thanks for your concerns guys, I truely believe the worst is yet to come in a few weeks though when food, heat, shelter and medical care are needed but not provided.
Food and shelter won't mean shite if they can't get those nuke plants under control. Last I heard was the area evacuated to a 12 mile radius and the plants at two times hotter than they're designed to handle without any sign of relief. It's going to be another Chernobyl or 3 Mile Island before it's over.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

TomT
Approved Member

Post by TomT » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:16 am

Halgar wrote:
TomT wrote:Thanks for your concerns guys, I truely believe the worst is yet to come in a few weeks though when food, heat, shelter and medical care are needed but not provided.
Food and shelter won't mean shite if they can't get those nuke plants under control. Last I heard was the area evacuated to a 12 mile radius and the plants at two times hotter than they're designed to handle without any sign of relief. It's going to be another Chernobyl or 3 Mile Island before it's over.

I gaurantee it's worse than that, I've read quite a few white papers on Japan's reactors and they are good at hiding how bad things really are :shock:
TomT

Indiana Jones: "...It's not the years, but the mileage..."

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:17 am

TomT wrote:
Halgar wrote:

I gaurantee it's worse than that, I've read quite a few white papers on Japan's reactors and they are good at hiding how bad things really are :shock:

That does not sound so hot... They better get a grip soon...
Jeff

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:33 am

SFC K wrote:
TomT wrote:I gaurantee it's worse than that, I've read quite a few white papers on Japan's reactors and they are good at hiding how bad things really are :shock:

That does not sound so hot... They better get a grip soon...
SFC K, that's a pun, right? :wink: :lol: (hot ... nuke melt down ... :shock: )

Tom, that doesn't surprise me in the least. Not that governments have ever been forthcoming with honesty, but particularly in times of crisis, they downplay the severity because they're too proud to admit they F'd up! Remember that little blip on the radar not long ago called the Gulf Oil Spill? That wasn't nearly as bad as those paranoid instigators tried to make it and everything is roses and kittens now, as if it never even happened. Everyone is believing that, right? :roll:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Rcmaniac78
Approved Member

Post by Rcmaniac78 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:51 am

Glad you and her are alright man!
Wait what?