View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:57 am

Please help support ClodTalk.com! Any contribution helps!! Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Forum rules

Congratulations to our Clodtalk July 2014's Winner: jdmerrill1240 and his Bigfoot 20 KK-1 Clodbuster!!

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Sassy chassis 
Approved

All, there's a rare Ultralite Stretch Sassy Chassis up for bid.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-Rare-Clodbuster-Sassy-Chassy-Ultralite-Stretch-/220668746366?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3360e1da7e

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:49 pm
Approved

I had that on my watch list but the seller canceled the auction and all bids. :?

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:25 am
Approved

I really think greedbay should prohibit the selling of items behind the scenes while there are other bidders. That goes against the whole idea of an auction. In this situation, I would put that seller on my bad seller list and block his auctions from my view from now on. :cry:

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:24 pm
Approved

ay LG! had I seen this thread earlier I would have posted the chassie here on CT or let you get first dibs on it had I known you were looking for one. I didn't think you would consider another Ultralite stretch though. I actually was selling 2 of them and the one that sold before this one was actually the one I bought off of you from like over 5 years ago. I never got around to the project I had in mind for it and some years or so after buying it off of you I bought that blue one off a member over on RCMT, he sold it to me over on eBay. Since buying the 2 chassies it just turned to one of them "I'll get to it projects" which with me sometimes never seems to follow through.

if ya peep the already completed listings on eBay you'll see the old one that you sold to me them many years ago (doesn't even seem like it was that long ago, though it's prob been about 4 - 5 years now). The blue one was sold outside of eBay to another guy in HI being he sent me a message on eBay about a Buy it Now in which I did have on the listing till it went away after the first bid came in. Since he asked about a BIN on it I just named a price with him and told him if it sounded good heres my PayPal addy and once I get payment I'll go ahead and end the listing, which is how the blue one was just sold off.

To TamiyaTony, I gotta say I've been on eBay for well over 8 - 9 years and have since then seen many new accounts come and go due to either some type of policy change or a bad transaction in which I was actually right, and sometimes even taking loses on claims and disputes that since those 8 - 9 years ago this eBay account I have now is probably my 5th or 6th one since then. When people send a message making me an offer or asking about a BIN I have ALWAYS allowed the person to work with me outside of eBay as it helps a ton with coming down to the high final value fees. So in both cases it makes me the seller happy alot of times, and also the buyer happy alot of the times.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 am
Profile YIM

I wouldn't be too quick to block sellers from my view, there might be something down the road which they have and you'd miss it. This is especially true for hard to find stuff like old clod mods/parts.

Tbone

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:34 pm
Approved

Breaker 1-9 wrote:
ay LG! had I seen this thread earlier I would have posted the chassie here on CT or let you get first dibs on it had I known you were looking for one. I didn't think you would consider another Ultralite stretch though. I actually was selling 2 of them and the one that sold before this one was actually the one I bought off of you from like over 5 years ago. I never got around to the project I had in mind for it and some years or so after buying it off of you I bought that blue one off a member over on RCMT, he sold it to me over on eBay. Since buying the 2 chassies it just turned to one of them "I'll get to it projects" which with me sometimes never seems to follow through.

if ya peep the already completed listings on eBay you'll see the old one that you sold to me them many years ago (doesn't even seem like it was that long ago, though it's prob been about 4 - 5 years now). The blue one was sold outside of eBay to another guy in HI being he sent me a message on eBay about a Buy it Now in which I did have on the listing till it went away after the first bid came in. Since he asked about a BIN on it I just named a price with him and told him if it sounded good heres my PayPal addy and once I get payment I'll go ahead and end the listing, which is how the blue one was just sold off.

Well I guess the best way to put it is that I'm casually looking. If I have the money when one pops up on eBay I'll throw a bid in type of deal. The reason I'm looking again is solely for the fact that I actually have a Clod this time. Its the first one I've had in around 10 years. Back when I sold you that chassis if you remember it was for a puller project. I had that, the shocks, the body, and a hitch. I never ended up getting a Clod to use and after a long time I came to grips with the fact that the project was never going to happen so thats when I sold (you) the chassis. I sold the shocks from the project a few months ago and I still have the hitch and the body believe it or not. They're still sitting in the same box I had the rest of the projects parts in.

Anyway, Since I now actually have a Clod I figure it won't hurt to keep an eye out for another Sassy Chassis. This time I'm looking more for the one that was modeled after the stock tub as I would prefer to use the stock body since the one I have has a lot of rare goodies on it. But that doesn't make for a good puller as you need the longer wheelbase that the stretched version offers. So if I end up buying the stock tub replica then I'll build a general basher. If I end up buying the Ultralite stretch version than I'll build a puller.

I just looked at your completed auctions and saved the pictures of the frame. It brought back a lot of memories. Mainly of how big of a pain it was to strip off the poor powder coating job it had. Somewhere along the line I lost all the pictures I took of stripping it and what not. I had no idea about the back history of it either. I remember you were a tad reluctant to buy it as it didn't look like any Sassy Chassis we had ever seen. But it had to be one since it was manufactured in the same way.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:13 pm
Approved

yeah remember I had the pulling Clod idea as well? :lol: I remember the pics ya had on CT and remember reading how bad your hands was burning after stripping that thing. I gotta say that ya did one heck of a job cause that thing was CLEAN!. I actually saved that one pic of the can of aircraft cleaner/stripper you used cause I was gonna hunt the stuff down for another project and see how well it worked out.

When I bought that blue one is when I learned of the Sassy you sold me, shortly after that. I talked with Eric sum about Sassy and about the old Zilla's. Thats when I found out that at one point in time ESP did work for the original Sassy USA before they got shop setup. But after talkin to Eric more about the Sassy USA is when I learned that there were 2 Sassy Chassy USA's. Eric & the ESP gang did work for the later Sassy USA. Then he mentioned some broad and her husband or whatever re-started the company. So somewhere along the lines of ESP and the Original Sassy USA is where your chassie fitted in. :lol:

But with that being said I also kinda had to tos a little of what I mentioned above into the listing just to add some hype to it and bring in more money for my poor a** :lol:

Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:51 am
Profile YIM
Approved

Now its really all coming back to me. :lol: It was a really bad idea to use that Aircraft Remover without wearing any rubber gloves. It was burning the skin right off my hands. It came out pretty nice though for sure. Since theres no place around here that does pulling it was going to be a shelf queen more than anything. I remember the night when I bought that can/jug of it. My father just had back surgery and I was coming home after visiting him at the hospital and I stopped off at a Wal-Mart right before closing and they had it. Now they changed the look and name of it to just Aircraft.

I found that really interesting about ESP. If I had known it was that rare I would have kept it or asked for more. :lol: :wink: Speaking of ESP's history I still have that ESP Lunch Box I need to build. Its only been sitting completely apart in a box for a good five years now. :?

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:18 am
Approved

see I knew we worked out to be the same. that chassie had this "BRIGHT" future of being a puller too I think when I had it (or maybe just some type of oldschool type Clod) can't really remember but I know it had many plans as you had, then it also sat as when you had it, and then came the selling of it as before you had it. :lol:

Ahhh and that classic ESP Lunch wagon. I remember this guy I spent over a grand with on some See's rims he had and he had the See's goldies for the Lunchbox and when I would stare at the pics of that thing bolted to the gold edition Lunchbox it would always bring back that memory of your build. Now that you just refreshed my memory on it I take it that with you now having a Clod that the Lunchmeat will be sitting for even a longer time? :lol:

Lately I been tryna fix up the 1:1 (01 Ford Excursion) and have some hype hopes of the future of it's out come after I can find more funds laying around to tos it. So somewhat the R/C life for me died out and once it kicks back in I know I'll be hating myself for selling off that Sassy.

Oh and another thing. Eric over at ESP made me feel a bit dumb on the inside when he told me that during the time of them making those that no one had any interest in them what so ever, and that they mainly had a crude "rain-gutter" look to it, and then said that this is why the Original Sassy USA went out of business, and also why the new Sassy USA went out of business "because they're designs were not innovative enough to keep them around for as long as we ESP has been around"

After Eric told me that I chuckled a lil bit and on the inside a small voice said "uhmm yeah whatever" it was almost as if he was trying to kill my dream before it even started. :lol:

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:25 pm
Profile YIM
Approved

Projects are my biggest downfall in the world of R/C. I always have these big plans and get these big ideas yet seem to rarely follow through with them to the end. I've spent the last ten years thinking about how I should just get out of the hobby for good but for some reason I'm incredibly addicted to them. I've tried to quit in the past but just can't seem to! I came the closest I've ever come to quitting a year or two ago but then RC10Talk completely renewed my interest.

That Lunch Box has become just another project casualty of mine. See the problem is the owner(s) who had it before me beat the hell out of it. It was in much worse shape than I anticipated. It was covered in scratches and gouges and even one of the frame rails was bent. I decided the only way to fix it was to polish everything. The only alternative was to have all of the parts remade. So I polished everything and it came out nice except for the fact that there were still the deep gouges remaining and the fact that I wish I hadn't polished it but instead got all the parts remade again. But at the time I was pretty upset since I paid waaaaay too much for it and it was my way of trying to make things ok. So now it sits all apart in a box somewhere waiting for me to either send it to ESP to have them use it as a template to build me another or send the different parts of it to different people to get them remade.

Speaking of 1:1 vehicles, during the warm months when I have my 68 Camaro out of storage is when I more or less hate being in the hobby. See, instead of the money I should be spending on it I buy R/C parts for projects I'm unlikely ever going to complete, and R/C cars that nobody (in reality) sees but me in which are put on shelves to collect dust.

Not a lot of people seem to like the Clod frames that Sassy Chassis produced. Remember Aguilar? He hated them and would always refer to them as mailboxes. I don't see what warrants all the negativity towards them. Seems to me like its just a herd mentality to say that they're ugly or that they suck. To this day no other company has made a better Clod pulling chassis than the Ultralite stretched one. They were a very innovative company and just because they didn't CNC machine everyone of their parts out of billet aluminum doesn't mean theres anything wrong with them.

/rant :lol:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:31 am
Approved

LOWGEAR wrote:
Seems to me like its just a herd mentality to say that they're ugly or that they suck. To this day no other company has made a better Clod pulling chassis than the Ultralite stretched one. They were a very innovative company and just because they didn't CNC machine everyone of their parts out of billet aluminum doesn't mean theres anything wrong with them.

/rant :lol:

+100
:D

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 pm
Approved

Lowgear, have you seen this auction lately? It's coming to an end soon and it's only at 20 bucks as I write this. It's a Sassy that's anodized in blue, I think. The guy has some funky stuff attached to it, but underneath it's still a Sassy. It doesn't get much cheaper... If you do bid on it and win, I'd be honored if you send me that chrome battery cover. 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Clod-ClodBuster-Chassis-/220673883732?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3361303e54

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:56 am
Approved

Yeah I saw it and quickly closed out of my browser before I got tetanus just by looking at it. :shock: That thing has had more holes drilled it in than a... Thing with too many holes. :lol:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:50 am
Approved

Hey!, here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-CLODBUSTER- ... 62db6#shId
too bad they don't ship to Hawaii :cry:

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 am
Approved

Wow! Minty fresh! Jump on that, Lowgear. It can't get much better than that...

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next