Winter Projects

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
Halgar
Administrator

Winter Projects

Post by Halgar » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:52 pm

What kinds of projects - RC related or not - do you guys have planned? The weather is a changing so it's about time to move our antics indoors.

For my projects, It's high time I finally get that TMaxx cleaned up and sold, and I still have to clean up the HiLux and Fox that I found over the summer. Will definitely be selling the Fox, still undecided on the HiLux. I'm pretty much going to go through all my gear and get rid of the things I don't need or am not using.

Outside of RC, the girlfriend has some furniture items that she wants built, there's the cat tree to finish repairing (old cat hosed the interior - have to build new base ), and Christmas gifts to make.

What about everyone else?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

sacky07
Approved Member

Re: Winter Projects

Post by sacky07 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:57 pm

I've got 4 rc projects to complete, 2 clods, "maxtrax wedge" puller and a tlt.(Gotta get those done) Need to clean up the pool room. Thats where we drink alot of beer and shoot pool and throw darts!.....It starting to cool down here in the SE part of the hoosier state.
...Good Day!

Renegade
Approved Member

Post by Renegade » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:08 pm

got 2 race clods to build (1 just about done) and a sick race pede setup
TEAMCHAD: Newbie/ Wheelman

Bill Krueger
Approved Member

Post by Bill Krueger » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:22 pm

I currently have three clods to work on on, A ESP ClodZilla 4, and RC Guy Venom and a ESP ClodZilla 2. Just been way too broke to work on them lately... Hopefully that changes soon!

By Jan I plan on buying a TTR Ripper too!

TomT
Approved Member

Post by TomT » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:28 pm

Need to fix dad's TXT-1.
I might build a stock clod (with lockers) to tool around in the snow.
College Homework :(
TomT

Indiana Jones: "...It's not the years, but the mileage..."

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:45 pm

put on some winter pounds.drink some beer. watch a little tv. bury the old lady. get my truck repoed. not much to do this winter.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

keithc6

Post by keithc6 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:36 pm

This week I finished up all my work till next March........heh heh. Week before I cleaned my garage. Now I can get my Clod finished and work on old stereos, one of my other hobbies.

Before:

After:

Old audio pics.

The #1 Source for BS------------ http://ceesix.com/

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:31 am

wow an real to real. now that brings back memories. and a lot of cussing. but only when you broke a tape.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

NCNitro
Approved Member

Post by NCNitro » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:05 am

I had two Akai reel to reels that I threw away right before I moved from Florida to NY. One was never used still in the original box, the other was like new, and I had about 50 tape reels too. Wish I would have known ya then, I would have gave them to you.

As far as projects for the winter, I have a few lined up. Finish my Jeep tuber, and a rc dirt bike I am building using the rat shack Ricky Charmichael bike as a base. And I have a Clod body that I want to build in to another scaler, maybe a flatbed but I am still undecided exactly which way I want to go with it.

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:59 am

flatbed flatbed flatbed. do a flatbed. :D
"Wow, What a ride!"

NCNitro
Approved Member

Post by NCNitro » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:00 pm

charliechristmas58 wrote:flatbed flatbed flatbed. do a flatbed. :D
That's what I have been leaning towards. I was thinking weld up a nice tube rollbar rear widow protector and bed sides, and maybe an exo cage on the front end. Fill the blower hole in the hood with a little styrene, and put it on a K2-3L chassis or a bruiser style chassis.

Monster_Pirate_006
Approved Member

Post by Monster_Pirate_006 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:14 pm

Buying a new tamiya subaru brat. I wanted one way back when now I get a brand new kit :D got a nice mod motor for it should be great.
MESHUGGAH

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:34 am

winter projects????? i have no idea what you are talkin bout!!! it's summer all year in FLA!! but i allways have projects. my next might be a turbo for the beamer along with new rimz, seats, and a neato cryo system i'm lookin at. i'm also gonna try my hand at carbon fiber overlaying. if i don't suck at it, i have a huge list of things i want to do on my car. oh and i gave the car a name.....Carbonaut!!! get it? carbon nut....also juggernaut-carbonaut the germay car and all. also astronaut-carbonaut cuz the car goes like a rocket. lol it's a muti purpuss type name. mostly carbon nut cause i sure am tryin to go carbonfiber crazy on the car, LOL. i'm tryin to find carbon fiber front fenders. i found some for the 2 door but not the 4 door. i did find nice fiberglass one. maybe i could do an overlay on them if i'm good at it. time will tell.

now if i could just get my girl to stop spending all my money before i even get home with it!!!! :evil:

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:36 am

Monster_Pirate_006 wrote:Buying a new tamiya subaru brat. I wanted one way back when now I get a brand new kit :D got a nice mod motor for it should be great.

get the oldschool oil shock upgrade for it. it looks sooo much better then stock. the fronts are kinda hard to find but there worth finding.

bigmoose
Approved Member

Post by bigmoose » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:38 pm

Finishing up my Defiance Racing based TXT-R - this thing is pimped - 4 years and counting - I just keep getting better and better ideas! :wink:

Debating if I am going to sell my my full Sassy Chassis USA-1 and my PRD Bruiser Puller - I am afraid I will hate myself if I do.

Oh yeah - finish my Big Boy's retro sprinter.

Jeeeeesh! Better get started.

Moose
Beer has food value, but food certianly has no beer value. :shamrock: :drinkers: :shamrock: