Parade is over we did it!! new pics added

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
77chevy4x4

Post by 77chevy4x4 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:01 am

buy a deep cycle marine battery the small one for lawn mowers easy 4hr run time or on the safe side buy 6volt half the voltage but still has decent torque
nothing is impassable

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:34 pm

Hey Troy whats up? Hey whats your local shop are you calling it St. Charles or Crystal lake or is there one somewhere else. What parade are you running in? I am curious here maybe my kong truck need to go for a ride....
Any questions on nrctpa racing feel free to contact me. My email is ricrush66@sbcglobal.net

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:13 am

i am working with St. Charles and the parade is in Elburn on the 17th I believe, jailer also wants to join in, I tried to call them today and didn't get thru I will find out if I can bring you guys and let you both know, they are talking about driving some cars around as I pull the float as well so if I can invite you we will obviously have to talk crystals. But it's there decison or I would have you guys and not them driving around. Cause our trucks are cooler than halgars LOL, I just drove thru town yesterday and looks like I should have no problems at all with the pull its all pretty much all down hill, and once I confirm I have the correct route very doable!! I will keep you posted!!
Life is too short to be in a hurry Slow down and enjoy the ride!!!

sacky07
Approved Member

Post by sacky07 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:15 am

I hope someone will video tape this. I wanna see it!! :)
...Good Day!

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:14 am

Ok Troy I still got your number and I can see what happens....there is a 1:1 four wheel drive show that weekend so we can see. Jailer has contacted me and I am going to talk to him about it. You know it would be cool to have someone pulling a jump or just turn a car into a moving jump...Talk to you later. Eric Hey 77chevy hows it going? Hows your beast doing?
Any questions on nrctpa racing feel free to contact me. My email is ricrush66@sbcglobal.net

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:53 pm

ricrush wrote:You know it would be cool to have someone pulling a jump or just turn a car into a moving jump...
The car guys might even get in on that action! That would really get the crowd going!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

gmc572

Post by gmc572 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:50 pm

sacky07 wrote:I hope someone will video tape this. I wanna see it!! :)
i second the motion !! all in favor say I
TERMINATOR CLOD
CREWCAB 1.9 (TLT)
waiting on body(Jim were ya hiding??? i want my body)
TRAIL TRUCK 1.9 (TLT)
TRUGGY COMP RIG 1.9
SLASH(WAY TOO MUCH FUN)
MADMUDDER 2.2
BAJA 5T
and 2 other project R/C's

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:07 am

Well, I talked to the powers who be and asked about what was going on with the parade, and here is what I found out, They did not turn in the application in time and are seeing if there is anyway to get in past the dead line, They won't let me invite Jailer and Ricrush cause they are concerned about liability in the event someone gets run over, that's a legit concern from a buisness owner standpoint. I assured them we are trained professionals :shock: but I still respect thier wishes, they have a tractor and a hey wagon, I wanna say i kinda wasn't listening when they said this part, ready to join them and I would be pulling the wagon float which they have nothing planed for at this point and 2 of the guys from the shop would be driving there RC's with us. SO at this point I think they may have gotten me excited for nothing, and as they have decided to add a larger float I might just throw my 7 year old in the wagon and pull her if in fact it actually happens instead of trying to figure out how to decorate stuff in such a short amount of time. I know I have planted the seed with them but the time just might not be right to make it happen. I will let you know if things change

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:59 am

If you're really into participating in the parade, get the contact info for the organizers and petition them for your own personal entry next year. that doesn't help you now, but it does alleviate some issues in the future. From there, get your own sponsors (nearly any business would be willing to chip in a few bucks and get their name posted on the float) to support your entry. I agree with liability issues, as far as having jumping/racing cars and trucks dodging in and out of the area, but three or four well organized individuals could put on quite a show.

Something to consider here as well would be to create a mechanical float that several guys would operate remotely, while you tow it with your truck. As you said, too late to consider much custom stuff now, but if you can pull off your own deal next year, you've got a full year to get it together. You could probably even have next years answer from the parade commission right now.

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:47 pm

Well, it changes again!!! They were able to get us in the parade, they decided to lose the hay wagon and it will be me and I believe 3 other people running Rc's and they will have some kids walking holding some larger Hobby Town usa sign's we are now going to scramble to get something together to make up the wagon. I am trying to find someone who can be there to take some pics and if possible shoot some video. I get the route tomorrow and at this point it looks to be around 6-8 blocks. Stay tuned!!!

ClodDude

Post by ClodDude » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:55 am

Well, good luck with everything!
...and hurry up and enjoy the ride! :P
Your journey of over a thousand dollars begins with just one Clod.

Clod...why can't I quit you?!?

Pedemaster-rc
Approved Member

Post by Pedemaster-rc » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:42 am

man if i wasnt in houston for school now i would deffinately join ya for the parade.
Eric-Master KABOoM Artist :lol:

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:31 am

Pedey!! Where the heck ya been? I ain't had nobody to pick on lately, I'm a gitt'n the DT's! :wink: :wink: :P :P :P

Pedemaster-rc
Approved Member

Post by Pedemaster-rc » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:53 am

lol halgar i was hiding from you........LMAO!!! no but really i was moving to houston from detroit for schooling at UTI. going into collision work and custom painting. so it took me 2 weeks almost to get my cable and internet installed.
Eric-Master KABOoM Artist :lol:

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:30 pm

well, I shined the truck up today getting ready for the parade on friday, I got the day off work as well. Hopefully the wife will be there with the camera, I put the final touch on the truck can you see it?

I almost armor all'd the tires but I was afraid they would slip on the pavement if I did so.

wish me luck!!!
Attachments
clod talk.JPG
clod talk.JPG (40.14 KiB) Viewed 250 times