Parade is over we did it!! new pics added

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
troystr68
Approved Member

Parade is over we did it!! new pics added

Post by troystr68 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:26 pm

Well guys I did it!! I will be working with my local hobbytown USA and we will be doing up some kind of a float for me to pull with my Clod!!!! The float will be up to them to figure out but it will be based around my wagon you all saw me pull myself with. We are trying to find out the exact parade route so I can go and do a dry run to make sure I can do it. Then off we go!! They are sponsoring some off road truck racing and pulling that weekend as well. They agreed this would attract a ton of attention for there store and help promote the RC hobby. Man I sure hope my truck can do it... this is gonna go down on 8/17 I believe
Last edited by troystr68 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life is too short to be in a hurry Slow down and enjoy the ride!!!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:53 pm

Build a custom battery and mount it in the wagon, then you won't have any runtime issues. I recommend keeping things as light as possible so that you don't risk any kind of breakage, that will be the ONLY thing anyone remembers if it happens.

You may want to forgo the wagon idea and build a more scale trailer and float regalia. Sure, you have to have something large enough for good signage, but overall size and weight may ultimately be an issue depending on the length of the route and whether or not you intend to drive a straight line or work the crowd by zig-zagging close to them and such.

Since they are sponsoring some RC events for the same time, you might think about getting some of those guys to run a motorcade of sorts around your truck pulling the float. Maybe incorporate a few of those vehicles into the float itself.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Keeper

Post by Keeper » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:12 pm

Naw, I say go big dude. Put the battery in the float like Halgar suggested. Then you can use something really big and maximize run time. I've never created a puller, but I'd imagine heat for a long haul would be a problem. The motors, the ESC, the battery(ies) - make sure you test the heat, or be prepared to swap out parts mid route.

Like I said - Go big, and go straight. Have some of your buddies drive 2-3 trucks around your rig to work the crowd and mask the fact that you are just a mule.

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:05 pm

halgar you are correct!! they will be running some cars around me while I pull the float!! First thing I have to do is see what the route looks like and go from there. Currently I have 2 4200MAH running together for 8400MAH total and with the 55T motors i have insane run times with no heat issues. for now with the wagon that has those giant inflatable tires so it pulls easy, we may fill it up with candy that has yet to be decided Even when I pull myself things stay pretty cool and as this is the first time for both of us I wanna keep it simple to make sure i can do it then there is always next year 8)

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:13 pm

Next year, build a 6x! :lol:

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:22 pm

LOL you are always thinking ahead!!! I am just glad I can get out there and promote our Hobby. They don't see many Clods at this hobby shop its all t-maxx and e-maxx stuff and they have Races in the parking lot during the summer so they see onroads all the time as well. They all surrounded me when I brought the truck in to show them what I wanted to use to do this. hey you wouldn't happen to have a Clod Talk sticker lying around? 8) a white one sure would look nice in the back window. Im pretty excited about the whole thing. I have some work to do on the JPS to make sure it will do OK and I am not concerned about breakage as I will be basically Crawling down the road it is all gonna come down to terain once I scope out and run the route I will make a plan of attack

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:25 am

You're the second person to ask me that today. I don't think that Bill has any, as I recall, Shagrat had done a bunch and was selling them, you might PM Shaggy about getting some. His were not the vinyl ones, they're the water slide type.

Pedemaster-rc
Approved Member

Post by Pedemaster-rc » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:51 am

shaggy has them for sure, bill and wrangler dont have any. i bugged them both. :supz: :supz: :supz:
Eric-Master KABOoM Artist :lol:

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:22 am

i have them but there not water slide there just clear stickers with the CT logos on them. there good quality but don't compare to the vinyls. comes in a pack of 12 for $5 shipped. red, white, and black and 2 styles 2 of each making 12 per pack. i have PLENTY!! i just suck at shipping things out lol :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pedemaster-rc
Approved Member

Post by Pedemaster-rc » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:01 am

when wrangler gets better have him ship them out.
Eric-Master KABOoM Artist :lol:

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:16 am

What good would this thread be without this page?

http://www.fes-nj.com/RC-Projects/land.html

Loaded_Heavy
Approved Member

Post by Loaded_Heavy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:05 am

LOWGEAR wrote:What good would this thread be without this page?

http://www.fes-nj.com/RC-Projects/land.html
you're right. thnx for adding this to complete it and rewind things back to the oldschool. :)

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:09 pm

Low gear thats awesome!! I tryed to contact that guy but none of the contact info I found would go thru to him. SO i just started doing things on my own. Thanks for posting it here!!!!

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:56 pm

Leave it to LG to come up with that oldie but goodie! LOL :P

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:12 am

Haha! No problem :wink: :) It's an oldie alright. I was surprised that it still even existed!

Anyways I figured it was something you would want to check out. 8)