hitec 5995 ?

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
jailer

hitec 5995 ?

Post by jailer » Mon May 07, 2007 10:57 pm

does anyone out there use this servo ? if so please let me know what ya think or am i just gunna waste $115 bucks.. i am running 4ws w/ jumbo kongs if that makes any differance

thanks

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Thu May 10, 2007 3:27 am

That servo is great it is the best standard size servo I came up with that has the power and strength that I demand. I run that on my Kong clod and finally went to just running straight aluminum arms (no servo saver) the servo is so tuff that the arm will just break. Hitec really stands behind this bad boy too. Here is a link to give you an idea of my Kong clod it has been changing but you get the idea. I say buy it if you have the steering system to hold up to it. [/code]http://www.ricrush.com/kongclod.html
Any questions on nrctpa racing feel free to contact me. My email is ricrush66@sbcglobal.net

Loaded_Heavy
Approved Member

Post by Loaded_Heavy » Fri May 11, 2007 1:47 am

I've had many of Hi-Tecs high end servos and boy they do sure got some massive power. I am mainly a Futaba guy with anything servo and radio wise but for Clods and with the amount of high-torq you need for em and price. I always manage to go the Hi-Tec route. I'm sure on my next Clod build which won't be till a REAL REAL LONG TIME from now that I'll go with the same servo you're going with now. Thats of course if ther still avaliable when come that time.

BikerTrash1130
Approved Member

Post by BikerTrash1130 » Sat May 12, 2007 5:55 am

You might also want to look at the 5955. My crawler has one with an alum horn and it is strong!
[]\[] [] []/[]