jps NEW 2006 SETUP ANYONE?

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
jocktheglide

jps NEW 2006 SETUP ANYONE?

Post by jocktheglide » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:42 am

I just bought the new JPS setup costs me 600 bucks..does anyone have any reviews on it? I just bought it because the axle can put two brushless setups on it.... :D

Shelby VNT
Approved Member

Post by Shelby VNT » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:56 am

You make the second person I know who bought the new axle set. Troy, who is a member here also has them, but as of yet, I don't know anyone who has actually gone brushless. Not that it matters really. You can run any sensorless brushless set-up on the stock Clod axles. Those motors can easily be reversed, unlike sensored systems from Novak, for instance. Aluminum axles are works of art, but I hate to see them used for anything but shelf queens, and maybe a truck designed just for racing or speed. In other words a truck that isn't going to bash and scratch the poo out of the shiny bits. 8)
-Nathan-

Sufferin' Succotash

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:01 am

well I just registered he he so I plan to use it for bashing not actul rock crawling either way I cant wait I talked to paul today he said it take 2 days to get to me the pieces probably take me a week to build it oh I need to buy the steal gears also from rc4wd.com :D

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:38 pm

Welcome Jock!! I have built the new JPS but have yet to run it, Paul left out my body posts which he is gonna send me when my JPS wheels are finished :shock: very well made chassie. Super adjustable, I am not going brushless at this point ran outa cash building the thing but have it fresh in my mind, Do know that you will need 2 ESC's 1 for each motor when you do it. And as always please post pictures :wink: Here is how mine is sitting, waiting for parts :cry:
Attachments
dsc06058_497[1].jpg
dsc06058_497[1].jpg (55.58 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Life is too short to be in a hurry Slow down and enjoy the ride!!!

Loaded_Heavy
Approved Member

Re: jps NEW 2006 SETUP ANYONE?

Post by Loaded_Heavy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:52 pm

jocktheglide wrote:I just bought the new JPS setup costs me 600 bucks..does anyone have any reviews on it? I just bought it because the axle can put two brushless setups on it.... :D
Hey man, Welcome to ClodTalk, you're the second member i grabbed off another board and brought here :lol: this place is home for Clods and just about any kind of 4x4 or custom ride you can think of. Hope you enjoy this board as much as i do and have. This was also my very first message board i ever became a member at and actually discovered over the net. It's also a really happen'n place too :lol:

Dustin

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:55 am

I just ordered my own JPS special today too. Can't beat that price. I'm going to put the axles under my Tremor, and probably sell the chassis.

Loaded_Heavy
Approved Member

Post by Loaded_Heavy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:05 am

Dam, am i the only one not getting me a set with that nice deal he's offering. smh, i'm busy over here watching 3 speeds on the bay :lol:

Dustin

CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:24 am

I am in the process of revamping my APM Bullhead. And I also just finished up a JPS Clodbuster :twisted:

JPS is having a blowout sale with their parts :shock: .. Although there customer support lacks anything other than satisfying :evil:

Alfy
Attachments
JPS 6.JPG
JPS 6.JPG (111.13 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
JPS.JPG
JPS.JPG (74.83 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
You crawl with 4, But I drive with 18 :wink:

Loaded_Heavy
Approved Member

Post by Loaded_Heavy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:10 am

OH NO!!!, is paul having a blow out sale cause he's going out of business or gonna stop making parts for R/C's or something?

Dustin

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:13 am

troystr68 wrote:Welcome Jock!! I have built the new JPS but have yet to run it, Paul left out my body posts which he is gonna send me when my JPS wheels are finished :shock: very well made chassie. Super adjustable, I am not going brushless at this point ran outa cash building the thing but have it fresh in my mind, Do know that you will need 2 ESC's 1 for each motor when you do it. And as always please post pictures :wink: Here is how mine is sitting, waiting for parts :cry:
well im waiting on novak to release the 3.5turn motor setup yeah I know I need two escs, but thats ok....im ready....its gonna be a monster basher im pretty excited..yeah pual seems like a one man show so you cant blame him for being kinda slow, but I hope he is not too slow...like weeks on end....I post pics when I can i bought well I got some orion lipos 4800mah which I plan to use on the clod or sell it since I bought some other batteries called: a123racing batteries its kinda cool you can adjust the volts on the battersy from 7.2 to 10.2 or something like that I cant wait...he he its gonna be a monster.... :lol:

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:14 am

CLODZ_72_2003 wrote:I am in the process of revamping my APM Bullhead. And I also just finished up a JPS Clodbuster :twisted:

JPS is having a blowout sale with their parts :shock: .. Although there customer support lacks anything other than satisfying :evil:

Alfy
what are his sales?????

CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:21 am

jocktheglide wrote:what are his sales?????
It's more of a lowered prices on the JPS kit than a "Sale" :roll:

Alfy
You crawl with 4, But I drive with 18 :wink:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:38 am

I'd say a pair of complete axles and a full chassis kit for much less than the price of a pair of complete axles is a sale. Big time. The website calls it a "special" but any other retail business would call it a sale. It's for a limited time, it's not a permanent drop in price.

I don't think he's going out of business. When I talked to him today, I asked about some wheels, and he said he's about to do a batch. He said his mill had broken down, so he's just got plain wheels now, no designs.

A big sale doesn't necessarily mean a company is going out of business. They might be just trying to promote their business, get new customers etc. They might have just had a slow down and need to drum up some quick cash, or they might have decided to invest in inventory, or any other number of things.

jocktheglide, his sale is a complete JPS chassis, gear cases and axle tubes for $600. Might be the Clodbuster retail price deal of the century. It's supposed to last about a month longer.

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:33 am

CLODZ_72_2003 wrote:
jocktheglide wrote:what are his sales?????
It's more of a lowered prices on the JPS kit than a "Sale" :roll:

Alfy
all ok... :lol:

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:34 am

MelvinsArmy wrote:
jocktheglide, his sale is a complete JPS chassis, gear cases and axle tubes for $600. Might be the Clodbuster retail price deal of the century. It's supposed to last about a month longer.
ahhh....ok...thats what I got...YES>..