jps NEW 2006 SETUP ANYONE?

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:16 pm

:popcorn: :?

Alfy
You crawl with 4, But I drive with 18 :wink:

VA_Clod
Approved Member

Post by VA_Clod » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:14 pm

Do I need to get the popcorn popper out for this thread? Been awhile since I've had to that. :lol:

Well I jumped on the JPS bandwagon yesterday......sorta. I called and got a set of wheels for the Jugg. Did you know the wheels are 30% off as well? Anyway I'm supposed to be getting an email to conform the shipping sometime. The wheels I got are in stock so hopefully I'll get them fairly soon. If not I'll just fire up the old popper and wait. :P

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:10 pm

VA_Clod wrote:Do I need to get the popcorn popper out for this thread? Been awhile since I've had to that. :lol:

Well I jumped on the JPS bandwagon yesterday......sorta. I called and got a set of wheels for the Jugg. Did you know the wheels are 30% off as well? Anyway I'm supposed to be getting an email to conform the shipping sometime. The wheels I got are in stock so hopefully I'll get them fairly soon. If not I'll just fire up the old popper and wait. :P
might want to join da club and enjoy the popcorn...he told me the same thing as in, "its all ready just need to box everything up and it be out in 3 days to you" anyways 30% off not shabby man....do you know if they fit the 40 series tires from proline?

Bolt_Crank
Approved Member

Post by Bolt_Crank » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:20 pm

jchung wrote:Sometimes I look at the prices of RC in US and even in HK and I just don't understand why here in Canada, we are paying mostly 2x the price. I know it cost to ship stuff overseas, but I think the price markup is a little too high. A friend of mine in HK got his Tamiya TXT kit for just around $2000hkd, which is under $300cad. But I have seen hobby shops sell TXT's here for $600 + tax.

Btw, the Novak Super Duty cost about $250cad here, which is about $220usd. :evil:

Yeah, most Canadjun prices suck on stuff like that... However, my LHS has Venom stuff for dirt cheap! Like an RX pack is about $15 Canadian... and I've noticed, that it's mostly Tamiya stuff that Canada gets raped on for prices... Then again, I think that's the only overseas brand my LHS carries...

And for those of you thinking of running BL systems in the Clod, or other Monster trucks... I don't know if I'd reccoment the Team Orion packs, because they don't list the current discharge capacity for them... at least not on their site...
Jiggy jiggy wham wham YEAH!

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:20 am

paul must be busy making the parts or someting cause he still hasnt responded to my emails....oh well....

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:17 pm

Call him, Thats the only way I can reach him, He Always answers the phone. He said my parts have shipped yesterday or today(8-8-06), Man I hope this is time they show up :shock:
Life is too short to be in a hurry Slow down and enjoy the ride!!!

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:14 am

troystr68 wrote:Call him, Thats the only way I can reach him, He Always answers the phone. He said my parts have shipped yesterday or today(8-8-06), Man I hope this is time they show up :shock:
I will wait till next week....then if he shipped yours then mine might ship...

VA_Clod
Approved Member

Post by VA_Clod » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:03 am

So anybody had any luck getting there stuff? I'm still waiting on a email about my wheels, think I might just give the old boy a call.

Also someone asked what tires they were for. They are just regular Clod sized wheels. I know he makes sets for jumbo maxx wheels but I'm not sure about 40s.

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:00 am

I think I asked you from antoher forum....anyways if he sent priority im assuming its coming tomororow if he did sent it along with the other folks parts.....I feel 3 weeks is sufficient enough where if he is out of parts and needs to make it he can communicate it with me.....but has not.

troystr68
Approved Member

Post by troystr68 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:10 pm

As of yesterday 8/10/06 still no wheels, And I think I have been waiting close to 8 weeks now :shock: they better be nice!! he said they were done and would be shipping on 8/7 or 8/8 so I am hoping they show today or tomorrow. I will let you all know.
Life is too short to be in a hurry Slow down and enjoy the ride!!!

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:33 pm

troystr68 wrote:As of yesterday 8/10/06 still no wheels, And I think I have been waiting close to 8 weeks now :shock: they better be nice!! he said they were done and would be shipping on 8/7 or 8/8 so I am hoping they show today or tomorrow. I will let you all know.
thanks for the information troy.....I wonder why he cant just tell the truth...if he is gonna be late I have no issue with that, but The North American beaver has a big tail....please tell the truth...

Halgar
Administrator

Post by Halgar » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:58 pm

jocktheglide wrote:...I wonder why he cant just tell the truth...if he is gonna be late I have no issue with that...
I've wondered the same thing, and not just about JPS, but people in general seem to want to tell you what they THINK you want to hear instead of the truth.

I used to tell my suppliers and sub-contractors that the ONLY thing that they could do that would piss me off would be to make false promises to me. I don't care if the parts I need aren't going to be available for X amount of time, but dog gone it, don't tell me they'll be there tomorrow, then string me along for a week and a half while they try to find what I needed. There were only one or two "salesmen" that tried to do the wheel/deal thing and lie to me. They only did that once and figured out quickly, by the size of the new hole I tore them, that I was serious! LOL
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

CLODZ_72_2003

Post by CLODZ_72_2003 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:47 pm

Halgar wrote:
jocktheglide wrote:...I wonder why he cant just tell the truth...if he is gonna be late I have no issue with that...
I've wondered the same thing, and not just about JPS, but people in general seem to want to tell you what they THINK you want to hear instead of the truth.

Its called telling people what they WANT to hear :evil:... Not necessarily the truth

I saw this thread going this far weeks ago :?

Alfy
You crawl with 4, But I drive with 18 :wink:

Loaded_Heavy
Approved Member

Post by Loaded_Heavy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:18 am

CLODZ_72_2003 wrote:
Halgar wrote:

Its called telling people what they WANT to hear :evil:... Not necessarily the truth

I saw this thread going this far weeks ago :?

Alfy

EXACTLY that above, what you WANT to hear but sometimes not always the truth, basically its kina like if Bush or our Government was to tell the whole United States the truth do you think the world would really feel at ease or safe, knowing what is really going on behind the scene? basically it's kina like telling us a lie to sometimes not just give us what we want to hear but also sometimes for our own good :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jock this is the part where you need to get on Paul's Once again, I failed to fool both the language filters AND the Mods with them phone calls and keep ragg'n on em, watching this thread and all the replies, i see Paul is at it again with them dryline stories and head games, folks start making more calls and show em who's BOSS :lol:

Dustin

jocktheglide

Post by jocktheglide » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:19 am

im gonna make the call tomorrow and get this sorted out if he tells me he needs a month im fine as long as I get my parts...I dont care how long I understand he is a one man operations it takes time and from what I hear and see he makes great parts just dont say 3 days.....The North American beaver has a big tail....