New CJ's Rear Delrin Axle Tube is shipping:

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
rc4wd
Business Member

New CJ's Rear Delrin Axle Tube is shipping:

Post by rc4wd » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:20 am

big red
Approved Member

Re: New CJ's Rear Delrin Axle Tube is shipping:

Post by big red » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:54 am

do they still make these and do you have any i can buy?? please write back asap

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:57 am

Sorry to say those tubes are long gone. Cjs the partership between Craig and Jerry only made two big runs of these. Good luck to anyone who can find some.
Any questions on nrctpa racing feel free to contact me. My email is ricrush66@sbcglobal.net

rc4x4nut

Post by rc4x4nut » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:04 pm

I recently bought a powers race clod that had the derlin axle tubes on it. I only bought because of the axle tubes...lol. Now im looking for a pair of TTR axle tubes for the front.

Renegade
Approved Member

Post by Renegade » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:13 pm

haha I wish you even better luck finding the original ttr tuff tubes
TEAMCHAD: Newbie/ Wheelman

rc4x4nut

Post by rc4x4nut » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:19 pm

I know for a fact that some of the hardcore racers have a few extra sets lying around somewhere. Its just whether they want to sell it or not and I'd be more than willing to drop a nice coin for one.

Renegade
Approved Member

Post by Renegade » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:32 pm

What we need to do is convince darrren to finalyze his designs for the new gearcases he started to develop on his site. The awsome corr truck has taken up all his time lately so those tubes are still not out.
TEAMCHAD: Newbie/ Wheelman

rc4x4nut

Post by rc4x4nut » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:59 pm

I totally forgot about their axle design. Even if Darren starts on it now it wont be for a while until its actually on the shelves. But for a small company that brings out quality products and customer service, it may be worth the wait.

ricrush
Approved Member

Post by ricrush » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:52 am

Yep its the Corr truck holding stuff up but they do have a ton of work done on the drawings and really its just a matter of time.
Any questions on nrctpa racing feel free to contact me. My email is ricrush66@sbcglobal.net

big red
Approved Member

Post by big red » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:25 pm

i worte to rc4wd and they r going to be sell in janury? so ricrush i was right

cpe mt
Approved Member

Post by cpe mt » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:00 pm

ricrush is talking about the ThunderTech Racing CORR truck that they're working on right now. They also had plans for Delrin axle tubes over 2 years ago, that were put on the back burner.

RC4WD has recently introduced their version of Delrin axle tubes. I haven't seen much information on them, other than they'll be available sometime in January.
Brett Crawford - Owner
Crawford Performance Engineering
http://www.teamcpe.com

Loaded_Heavy
Approved Member

Post by Loaded_Heavy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:24 pm

If I am not mistaken TTR did at one point make 2 different types of Delrin Axle Tubes for the Clod. One type was for steerable axles that would accept knuckles and the other type was a straight axle tube so you didn't need any type of rear steer lock out. As far as rc4wd goes Mike (Hua) is currently starting production of Delrin Clod axle tubes and some CAD pics of it is also up on RCMT and over on RCC I believe.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Delrin cases or tubes due to the fact that if lite road/rock rash gets a hold of them you can't really sand or buff it out as you can with aluminum so once the surface were to get scratched it's pretty much there for good unless one of you know some special way to remove it. Though this is just me being a bigger fan of aluminum parts cause of the above reason. I'm sure for all out runners and a truck made as a runner for life it wouldn't really concern those folks but as for me my trucks are all pretty much runners but if I do decide to park one for a bit I'd like it to look nice and also know that whatever type of rash or scrapes it has on it can be worked out. To each their own as they say. Oh and another thing, most Delrin parts are about the same price range as aluminum pieces so just a thought to have in mind.

rc4wd
Business Member

Post by rc4wd » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:31 am

We expect to start shipping early or mid Jan.

Both front axle tube and rear straight axle tube.

We expect to sell them around $50-60 for a pair.

I will contact Bill when they are ready, so he can do some giveaway here. :D

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:27 pm

Not to bogart this thread but any updates on the Midnight Pumpkin & Lunch Box parts? You possibly don't remember by now but a couple years ago I got you interested in producing some. I even sent you a brand new Midnight Pumpkin for research and development purposes. I keep getting told this that and the other thing every time I've started back up about it since then.

I get the hint that its not a priority to produce anything for them. I guess you are too busy or don't think it will be lucrative. Which I totally understand. What made me even mention it again is I went to RC4WD yesterday and see you're going to be making gears for the Thunder King. Whats up with that? I found it totally random. Somebody decided it's a better idea to produce aluminum gears for an obscure truck that was never even popular to begin with, over anything for the Midnight Pumpkin & Lunch Box craze thats been going on for the past few years now. #-o Hopefully i'm missing something here. :mrgreen:

rc4wd
Business Member

Post by rc4wd » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:10 am

I still have your Lunch Box in my office, and we bought 2 more after that too.

Send me an email again, lets get this discussion rolling. Let me know what you want for sure, and I will make sure something rolls out in Jan.