Is Kyosho re-releasing the blizzard?

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
mnstrbetle
Approved Member

Is Kyosho re-releasing the blizzard?

Post by mnstrbetle » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:41 pm

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_i ... s_id=11905

Heard the rumor from RCMT, looks like it may be true. Has anyone found a better price than this?
Hurricanes...earthquakes...tsunamis...tornadoes....No Thanks, I'll take a snow storm any day.

Big Schott

Post by Big Schott » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:59 pm

I always wanted one of those. I hope Kyosho does make another batch I WILL get one.

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:05 pm

well thats messed up if they are re-releasing it cuz tower just basicly discontinued all the parts too the blizz. LOL but i sure do hope they DO re-release them cuz i'd like a new version cuz they probly wouldn't release the same one but it would be a new model....hopfuly :lol: :lol: :lol:

yuckydog
Approved Member

Post by yuckydog » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:18 pm

I posted on RCMT about this but here it is again. :) Kyosho of Japan never removed the Nitro Blizzard or Blizzard EV from their web site so it was never discontinued there. Looks like RC Mart got a batch from somewhere and is selling them as I've seen the Blizzard EV pop up on their web site from time to time.

rcconcpet.ca

Post by rcconcpet.ca » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:20 pm

I believe if you look at rcmart the version they have has 540 sixe motor.The original had small twin motors

yuckydog
Approved Member

Post by yuckydog » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:45 pm

rcconcpet.ca wrote:I believe if you look at rcmart the version they have has 540 sixe motor.The original had small twin motors
I think you're referring to the Blizzard and the Blizzard DX which were discontinued years before Kyosho released the Nitro Blizzard. Soon after, they came out with the Blizzard EV using the same design...

shagrat69
Approved Member

Post by shagrat69 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:57 pm

funny but Kyosho lists the blizzard EV and the nitro on the discontinued list. there are still plenty of these NIB out there and still avalible in alot of nonUS shops around the world. kyosho does not produce them anymore thats all that discontinued means. they could have a huge wharehouse with 50,000 of them in storage waiting to be sold. but there not making them anymore and are considered discontinued. also why tower is stopping selling there parts. there old and n ot the most popular RC. unfortunitly for us. :evil:

oh yeah and it's blizz/DX/HM all had the dual motors and the EV and nitro had a sigle motor setup W/steering brakes. :D :wink:

yuckydog
Approved Member

Post by yuckydog » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:31 am

Kyosho of America doesn't sell the Blizzard anymore but Kyosho of Japan still does. It's still listed on their web site http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/ca ... dex-e.html.

:)

On a side note, I was looking through my Tower Hobbies catalog collection and in my 1987 (or was it 1988?) catalog, they had the Blizzard (with full options of lights and plow) for $199.99. Now I'm asking myself, why did I buy a Rocky and not a Blizzard?!? :lol:

Big Schott

Post by Big Schott » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:49 am

yuckydog wrote:Kyosho of America doesn't sell the Blizzard anymore but Kyosho of Japan still does. It's still listed on their web site http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/ca ... dex-e.html.

:)

On a side note, I was looking through my Tower Hobbies catalog collection and in my 1987 (or was it 1988?) catalog, they had the Blizzard (with full options of lights and plow) for $199.99. Now I'm asking myself, why did I buy a Rocky and not a Blizzard?!? :lol:
You bought the Rocky also?? :lol: That was my first RC Kit, and I also ask myself. "Why didn't I look at a Blizzard of better yet, a Bruiser??" I was DUMB!! :? But I do still have the Rocky.