Your 1st!

For general R/C discussions that do not fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves.
Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
$ubzero

Post by $ubzero » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:19 am

Spider,funny how our trucks are relatively the same........The body,rollbar,grille,tires,chassis are exact.I guess Sears & radioshack were buying them from the same manufacturer???.Interesting indeed.
Attachments
truck 2.JPG
truck 2.JPG (40.76 KiB) Viewed 265 times
When you have worked with the dead for so long you become one

Big Schott

Post by Big Schott » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:13 pm

$ubzero,
You took off the front bumper. I have one of those, The RS was Yellow 27MHz and if I rember right the Sears was Blue 49MHz. I could be wrong I has been 20+ years. :? :lol:

They were the unoffical First RC Monster Truck. 4WD W/front stearing. Went through show prety good. :D

Robshobbies

Post by Robshobbies » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:58 am

My First was a Kyosho Raider, still got it. It doesnt run but I will take pics soon :D

spider
Approved Member

Post by spider » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:03 am

Subzero, That is interesting. The only difference between them is the color and the motors. Yours is blown. And mine has double carbs with air cleaners on top. Of course the stickers are also different.
My chrome has a bit of wear on it and I was thinking that Alclad chrome paint may make it a nice restored look again.
Big Schott had a good idea there but I recheck my remote control and whats left to read, which isnt much from handling it, you can see mine is a 27 mhz channel. The only thing I can think of is possibly Sears cut the production and the company started making them for Radio Shack at either an earlier time or later time. That would be my best guess. At least I have another idea of how to search for them. Still looking for that picture of the Mountain Man by nikko. I really forget what it looks like. All I remember is it was a battery eater and was fairly huge.

Im surprised to see how many still have their 1st.
----------------------------------
Beer Drinkers & Hellraisers
For Those About To
Rock Crawl,
We Salute You!!!!

$ubzero

Post by $ubzero » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:26 pm

Big Schott-Yup I took the front push bar off to fit a snowplow....Ive got some pics of this truck workin in the snow....I will have to dig them up.My transmitter (original for the truck) is on 27mhz.
$.
When you have worked with the dead for so long you become one

stampede_dude

Post by stampede_dude » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:22 am

So yellow is 27 mhz?just plain 27.000 or a different? My cousin has one and i was going to see if i could find something to work it with. It looks great, amlost like new except it has no transmitter and im going to try to get it off of him and fire it up...Its exactly like the yellow one.

86ss1
Approved Member

Post by 86ss1 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:28 pm

Great topic.... My first note worthy rc was the 9.6v lamborghini by tyco. It said it was a turbo. Which i later found out that it was a second motor that turned on or something... I used to spray wd40 on my garage floor and do some wicked donuts with it.. then i took it to my friends house to show him and he pulled out his old frog that he had lowered and put a bolink IROC body on it.... and he blew my doors off...lol... So he hadnt seen me in a week or so and when i reappeared i raced him again and blew his doors off... with my newly aquired bolink pan car running a 14x2 motor..I thought that car was the fastest car... lol.. and from there it just took off...and I have been in it every since with only a few breaks here and there...lol...
Burnin Down the ave wit my woofers cookin -