Please help support ClodTalk.com! Any contribution helps!! Donate towards my web hosting bill!

Pitdawg hydro

For general R/C discussions that don't fit into any of the specific categories below.
New members please stop in here and introduce yourselves. :)

Want to see your truck featured on the home page? Enter our monthly contest in this forum!
GRAVETXT-1
First real R/C car: Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin

Re: Pitdawg hydro

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:56 pm

When you say " wrap " do you mean hydro dipping or hydro forming like Pitdawg guy? Pitdawg mentioned he cant do custom as it costs 1000's dollars to add a new design. With Pitdawg you just choose from a pre selected collection of skins if that makes sense.

However he will print out lettering if you send him the image and stick it to the body decal style with whichever skins you choose around it.

My head hurts.
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

Halgar
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Tamiya Clodbuster

Post by Halgar » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:17 pm

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:When you say " wrap " do you mean hydro dipping or hydro forming like Pitdawg guy?
Wraps usually mean peel and stick stickers, like the all over body graphics you see on 1:1 cars these days, or advertising that covers buses.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Halgar wrote:
GRAVETXT-1 wrote:When you say " wrap " do you mean hydro dipping or hydro forming like Pitdawg guy?
Wraps usually mean peel and stick stickers, like the all over body graphics you see on 1:1 cars these days, or advertising that covers buses.
Ah I see different technique altogether if I get nowhere with Frank I will take Justin up on his offer and use his "wrap" buddy.
Alex

Grim Reaper, Valhalla, Ford Of The Dead, Kings Bounty, Gauntlet, Gauntlet # 2, Clawing Dead

Justinswraps
Company Owner
First real R/C car: My first R/C was a Traxxas Hawk 2

Post by Justinswraps » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Yes when I say wrap it's compete graphics on a vinyl sheet. You just place it and cut it and heat it to conform to the body. Honestly....... I won't buy another all paint body again.
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

Justinswraps
Company Owner
First real R/C car: My first R/C was a Traxxas Hawk 2

Post by Justinswraps » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:01 am

DarkSammy wrote:Does that guy wrap the body for you Justin? I only ask as I know I would completely stuff it up and end up with something with a heap of wrinkles...
Yes sir he does. He will wrap it all you have to do is supply the body to him, then he sends it back. It's actually really easy if you have a hair dryer. I'll have two coming up soon I'll be doing myself. I'll make sure I take lots of pics and info for you guys.
Jugg1~Diablo

Check out Justin's wraps, for all your body wrapping needs!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinsWraps/

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Things are looking up Frank sent me some photo's the other day the paintjob is still work in progress (stone floor tiles need painting blue for instance) but I am very happy with how his masterpiece! is going.

I don't usually show any part of the paintjob until its fully finished as I like to surprise you guys. However here is a sneak peek at one section of the body. The time forgotten long fallen warrior who failed to overcome... the Gauntlet
Attachments
IMAG2484 (Small).jpg
IMAG2484 (Small).jpg (96.94 KiB) Viewed 616 times
Alex

Halgar
Site Admin

Post by Halgar » Mon May 02, 2016 7:20 pm

If you'd have glued a Skeletor action figure, you'd have 3D effects! :P :mrgreen:

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Quick update on the above paintjob Frank abandoned project over a year ago never got completed. It was that long ago the truck it was meant for does not even exist anymore LOL.
Alex

Halgar
Site Admin

Post by Halgar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 pm

GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:16 pm
Quick update on the above paintjob Frank abandoned project over a year ago never got completed. It was that long ago the truck it was meant for does not even exist anymore LOL.
That sucks, it was looking really good.

On your more current projects, have you tried using a body wrap like Justin suggested?

GRAVETXT-1

Post by GRAVETXT-1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Halgar wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 pm
GRAVETXT-1 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:16 pm
That sucks, it was looking really good.

On your more current projects, have you tried using a body wrap like Justin suggested?
My current build (zrp retro racer) I ended up spraying the body black then posted it off to Jo Taylor to be pro airbrushed it should be back in my hands in the next few days so keep a look out photos will be on build thread asap :P
Alex