Change in forum ownership

Site rules, as well as updates and information on how to use the site are found here.
All new members should come in here and take a look around.
Bill Krueger
Site Admin
First real R/C car: MRC 10-S

Change in forum ownership

Post by Bill Krueger » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 am

Many many years ago, I combined two of my passions; r/c cars and web design. It all started with a MRC 10-s and then to a Clod witch led me to building the ClodParts.com site. That opened up many doors for me and I eventually took over the forum ClodTalk and built it to what it is today. This forum led to members wanting a vintage RC10 forum and thus RC10Talk was born. Its been a great experience for me for the last 15 years. Wow, that's a long time.

Unfortunately priorities change. I have gotten out of web design and computers almost completely. Most of my r/c's were sold off years ago, and the ones I have now are just collecting dust. Back when I started all this, I had blue hair and a ton of piercings (some of you may remember the pictures).... Today I am a home owner, small business owner, volunteer fire fighter and even a collage student. New things have taken priority in my life these days.

Over the last few years I have been absent from these forums which is unfair to all of you. My heart has not been in this for a while and I did not promote or do anything to help the forums grow. So recently I decided to get out of all of this... I informed the admins I was looking to sell the domains and web server. I was hopping for an Admin to step forward, but the technical knowledge required is extensive to keep a large forum like this running. Another member stepped up and we quickly discussed an arrangement beneficial to both of use. Lowgear will be taking over the forum ASAP. He has been a long time member on both of the forums and has the knowledge and experience to keep these forums going and growing. Currently we have a working arrangement so I can tie up some things on my end. By the end of the month the keys to everything will belong to him. I wouldn't have given up all this to someone I didn't believe in.

Id like to thank everyone for being a member of this community for so many years, and to all the friends I have made. I wish every one the best and hope you all keep these forums growing and being an incredible place for people to talk about this hobby.
Don't ask me. I'm just a hall monitor!

Bill Krueger
http://www.clodparts.com/
http://www.agedbarn.com/

132NHAF
Site Admin

Re: Change in forum ownership

Post by 132NHAF » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Bill,
As a looooong time member here, I'd like to say Thanks for setting this up in the first place. Though you haven't been around a lot, you established an awesome, family-friendly community for people to explore ideas, show builds, and best of all ask questions to learn about this hobby.
Yes, I remember the blue-hair-pierced mail room photos. Man, talk about change. I wish you luck in all your future endeavors.

Lowgear, nice to hear you are taking over. Not that we have had a lot of interaction, but I've seen you around long enough to know that someone who clearly has interests in CT is taking over.

Scott
Scott T

Stickers...Get your ClodTalk stickers here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25953

It's not WHAT toys you play with, but that you play with toys at all that is important.

Halgar
Site Admin
First real R/C car: Tamiya Clodbuster

Post by Halgar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:46 am

Bill, it's been a good run. Thank you for your efforts, you saved Clodtalk from extinction oh so many years ago. You have my gratitude for that. You made it possible for all of us to learn and grow within the hobby and continue the growth of the Clodtalk and extended RC10Talk families. Kudos, my friend. 8)

I wish you the best that life has to offer as your path diverges from ours.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

andymac0035
Site Admin
First real R/C car: grasshopper

Post by andymac0035 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:48 am

I too wish you well going forward, and look forward to seeing Lowgear's transition.