do you know

Support forum for Thunder Tech Racing.
http://www.thundertechracing.com/

Moderators: Thunder Tech Pres., Thunder VP

bbytraction

do you know

Post by bbytraction » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Wheel Widener Kits
what are those made out of ,is it the same plastic of the original wheel hub or something stronger.
part # DEL-CB01 $45.00 (3/4")(19mm)

I've asked them last week on an e-mail ,once more this week did not get a respondent yet.
thank you
that one push crush rock like snow before feading time ..thats plow #1 at 11.1/2in wide.

mrgrimm
Approved Member

Re: do you know

Post by mrgrimm » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 pm

I think they are a stronger composite, they sure feel way tougher than the stock tamiya plastic thats for sure!
Monster trucks rule :)

bbytraction

Post by bbytraction » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 pm

okay thank you for the quick reply
and does fit direct to the little five knob inside the rim of the clod.
thanks again
that one push crush rock like snow before feading time ..thats plow #1 at 11.1/2in wide.

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Most are made out of alum or steel. I have seen some made out of fiberglass. I don't think plastic would hold up very good under a load it might for a little bit but it well eventually break.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

bbytraction

Post by bbytraction » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 pm

I have the aluminum one for the TXT1 Truck with the big hole. I am looking for a stronger one that fits the clod rims. Where do you get you steal and metal ones for the clod?

Thank you, Keep Up With The Replies!

charliechristmas58
Approved Member

Post by charliechristmas58 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:22 pm

CPE has some but you have to drill holes in the rim for his to work. RC4WD has some and i think that New ERA has some also. I got a set off of e-bay but you have to make the center hole of the rim bigger. other that that you might google them.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming to the Lord,
"Wow, What a ride!"

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 pm

bbytraction wrote:okay thank you for the quick reply
thanks again
I have the TTR wideners, I don't know what kind of material it is, but it does look like either stronger plastic or some kind of composite.

More importantly though....the patterns for both TXT and clod are there, so you can use them with either wheel. That's what I really like about them.....well that and not having to drill 5 holes in my wheels.

bbytraction

Post by bbytraction » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:32 pm

yes the drilling is good for one set.I have those one from cpe they are not install yet and the aluminium wheel hub for txt that I can screw on a clod wheel...but i have to go wider a bit for my 24 in plow that goes left and right.
charliec...... mention other I never saw got to look for it first ....but yes TTR one on picture look durable.
thank you

bbytraction

Post by bbytraction » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 pm

andymac0035 wrote:
bbytraction wrote:okay thank you for the quick reply
thanks again
I have the TTR wideners, I don't know what kind of material it is, but it does look like either stronger plastic or some kind of composite.

More importantly though....the patterns for both TXT and clod are there, so you can use them with either wheel. That's what I really like about them.....well that and not having to drill 5 holes in my wheels.
do you have hard time calibrate the two vxl together ,,some time only one motor goes at low take off,but i think my two large 1/4 scale servo Gummi Bears, bouncing here and there and every where! the probleme.i run 2 3c in paralele out to the two esc.

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 am

They actually calibrated very easy. Sometimes the rear stalls, but not usually.
I run them off of one lipo, usually a 3S 50C, but have used a 2S 30C as well.

bbytraction

Post by bbytraction » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 am

andymac0035 wrote:They actually calibrated very easy. Sometimes the rear stalls, but not usually.
i m going to run a extra power for my two large servo to see if it get better .
i use the big tire with standard 13t pinon that should be okay.

Thunder VP
Business Member

Post by Thunder VP » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:53 am

The widener bodies are molded with glass filled nylon. They hold up to a good amount of power as long as the wheel bolts stay tight. If the barrel nuts start to loosen up, they can strip out. They do have holes for both Clod & Txt wheels.
Brad, Thunder Tech Racing V.P.
http://www.thundertechracing.com

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Thunder VP wrote:The widener bodies are molded with glass filled nylon. They hold up to a good amount of power as long as the wheel bolts stay tight. If the barrel nuts start to loosen up, they can strip out. They do have holes for both Clod & Txt wheels.

I have a set that I use for TXT wheels and they work great. A little lock tite and they are good to go.
Jeff

andymac0035
Administrator

Post by andymac0035 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Even with locktight I have to keep an eye on mine, but bash pretty hard..... :mrgreen:
I really do like them though.

bbytraction

Post by bbytraction » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:49 am

andymac0035 wrote:They actually calibrated very easy. Sometimes the rear stalls, but not usually.
did you keep the two bec working together . dual steering or single , what servo are you using .
it was last winter last time I try i m taking the dust off and all go out soon
thank you