rage

Support forum for Thunder Tech Racing.
http://www.thundertechracing.com/

Moderators: Thunder VP, Thunder Tech Pres.

SCOTT420

rage

Post by SCOTT420 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:04 am

debating between the rage or the cz2. what kind of up grades do ya need for the rage if any i know all the stock parts fit to the cz2. the rage is more afordable and the people at thunder tech/clod junk yard have been real cool and healpful. thanks
"apu give me a keg of beer and a 6 pack to hold me over till i tap the keg"

Stomper_MT

Post by Stomper_MT » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:48 am

The stock Clod axles are pretty much a direct fit into the rage chassis system. Though you will have to drill holes in the axle tubes for each of the lower links.

SCOTT420

Post by SCOTT420 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:57 am

is that the only problem ill have

Thunder VP
Business Member

Post by Thunder VP » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:21 am

Everything that you need to mount your stock Clod axles is included in the Rage kit including a drill guide templet for adding the extra holes to the axle tubes. (this step is needed with the CZ2 chassis also if you get the 4-link bar suspension) Servo mount and steering links are also included.
Brad, Thunder Tech Racing V.P.
http://www.thundertechracing.com

SCOTT420

Post by SCOTT420 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:27 am

Thunder VP wrote:Everything that you need to mount your stock Clod axles is included in the Rage kit including a drill guide templet for adding the extra holes to the axle tubes. (this step is needed with the CZ2 chassis also if you get the 4-link bar suspension) Servo mount and steering links are also included.
COOL thanx mr. vp

Devilmanak

Post by Devilmanak » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:05 am

This chassis looks great. I had an Ebay issue with "brand x" selling me something that they hadn't even made yet, without telling me, and almost ten days later has yet to ship. I have demanded my $ back, filed a Paypal complaint, and hopefully I get a refund asap so I can order a Rage! Best place to order is factory direct or ?

brushlesspede

Post by brushlesspede » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:18 pm

Devilmanak wrote: Best place to order is factory direct or ?
I just ordered one off of there web site (click on shopping cart), or call them to place your order. I screwed up on the shipping I wanted so I gave them a call....Very nice to talk to and very willing to help.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

ZakeriD
Approved Member

Post by ZakeriD » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:09 pm

Devilmanak wrote:This chassis looks great. I had an Ebay issue with "brand x" selling me something that they hadn't even made yet, without telling me, and almost ten days later has yet to ship. I have demanded my $ back, filed a Paypal complaint, and hopefully I get a refund asap so I can order a Rage! Best place to order is factory direct or ?
Ummm, yeah "brand X" did the same thing to me... But all of the TTR stuff I purchased came right away.

Devilmanak

Post by Devilmanak » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:42 am

Yah, brand x's "stellar customer service" comes from the fact that he screws you, then sends email after email full of bs, so that he redeems himself and makes it look like he is a great guy. Whatever. Supposedly getting some extras, it will all get resold on Ebay, with a disclaimer about how long it takes to get the stuff "factory direct," and the fact that I will ship the next day, as usual!

SFC K
Administrator

Re:

Post by SFC K » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Thunder VP wrote:Everything that you need to mount your stock Clod axles is included in the Rage kit including a drill guide templet for adding the extra holes to the axle tubes. (this step is needed with the CZ2 chassis also if you get the 4-link bar suspension) Servo mount and steering links are also included.

Are the holes still needed to use the Rage chassis? Also I like the Eliminator steering kit; can I custom order the Rage kit to come with this instead of the other steering kit?

Thanks, Jeff
Jeff

Thunder VP
Business Member

Re: rage

Post by Thunder VP » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:56 pm

The holes you need to add to the stock axle tubes are no big deal & yes you will need them no matter what aftermarket 4 link type chassis you get.

If you wish to place a custom order you have to do it by phone since the online store does not have a way to process that type of request. We will be away from the office until Oct 27th to attend the iHobby expo in Chicago.

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:20 pm

ok, I was just curious... I was looking for photos that show where the axles need to be modified.

I will be calling after the show then. Thanks and enjoy the show!
Jeff

Thunder VP
Business Member

Post by Thunder VP » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:01 am

This should help:

SFC K
Administrator

Post by SFC K » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:19 am

That is perfect! It makes sense now where the mod is supposed to be. Thanks for posting it up.

Jeff
Jeff